The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

1991 Eagle Talon AWD high school project

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seejakob94

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 18, 2010
Wellington, Colorado
Well a bit of back round of how i got the car before i start. I turned 16 and my dad gave me the car. my grandpa drove in from CO to AZ so i could have it. It got here and drove like s***. So my dad and i brought it back to CO and we rebuilt the motor. I drove it back and it was my baby!
View attachment 131831
View attachment 131832
View attachment 131833]
View attachment 131834
After a while of driving the transmission always grinded into 1st and even with the clutch pressed the car still moved in 1st :( so on my way to work the clutch release fork finally snaped in half. so i put it on jacks and replaced the clutch, put a wally 255, big 16g turbo, and FMIC.
View attachment 131835
View attachment 131836
View attachment 131838
I drove that around for a while. Now being only 17 i made a lot of mistakes. the biggest.. i didnt get it tuned. i beat the F out of my car till it finally died. and being a teenager with a job i thouht i could just build a built motor and get her running in no time, so i ripped it apart. now its apart i really dont have all that money, so im going to the junkyard next weekend and im getting a motor and just throwing that in, so over the summer im going to build my old motorView attachment 131839
View attachment 131840

View attachment 131841

View attachment 131842
View attachment 131843
View attachment 131844

Ill post new pics as i get along further
DSM 4 Life!:hellyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:
Take care of that car! No other car will ever be the same in comparison. Trust me! Glad to see someone with audacity to rebuild it like you.

Keep working at it!

haha ya thanks guys, this car has become my life and i did abuse her in her a lot im going to fix her right and make it perfect:thumb:

Ok let me start off by saying sorry for not posting, I had a lot of things going on and really i totally forgot i had made a thread, so let me start off by saying that i ended up getting a motor from a junk yard for $600. Well when i got it home i took off the valve cover and found it was a fresh head with even new cams :cool: So while it was out i figured i would eliminate the balance shafts. did the water pump, timing belt, and just misc things.
View attachment 137112
View attachment 137112
View attachment 137113
View attachment 137115

well after i put the motor in she fired right up. So i was driving it for about a week and since i had a welded center diff in my tranny i just made it FWD, well i forgot a dowl and i tryed to do a burnout and well the bolts gave out and the tranny fell a little and destroyed the clutch, TOB, slave cylinder, flywheel :coy:
After i got that mess all fixed i was back to AWD and crusin again.

View attachment 137116
View attachment 137117
View attachment 137118

Well about a month after i was cruising it i was starting to get tired off all the little things that kept going wrong. Dont get me wrong i loved this car with all my heart i just was tired of idle surge, leaks like crazy, turbo blew, just a bunch a stuff and i was just tired of it. Well i met with one of my friends that had got a Conquest, well when he offered a strait trade i got a jittery inside :D well i have to say it was the worst mistake i ever did, i enjoyed it for a while but its just nothing like my AWD monster
View attachment 137119

Well i was starting to think how i could get another talon my buddies next door neighbor had one that had been sitting for 7 years. well i got it for 800$ and i will make a new thread for this car and actually keep up on the thread LOL :thumb: DSM 4 Life:hellyeah::hellyeah:

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back