The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Best throttle body for our application...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SasaniFab

Proven Member
Dec 1, 2013
Mexico, Connecticut
So im looking to upgrade my throttle body as im more than likely upgrading to the new billet jmfab itm. Ive tried the s90 throttle body and experienced severe boost leaks through the shafts seals. After I disassembled the tb I noticed the shaft seals were installed backwards. Ive kind of lost faith in this throttle body. What are you guys running? Id still like to run a iac if possible.

Hands down the Infiniti Q45. I have been running it for over 10 years with zero issues. Rock solid idle, doesnt stall when coming to stop lights, at MOST you might have to throttle for 15 seconds on cold start in cold weather. During warm weather I dont have to. It's 90 mm so it will let in as much air as your turbo can stuff!!!! LOL. In those ten years I have had no issues withe any seals leaking and I have had many different units. Just my .02

Na 1g tb that I rebuilt no issues works like stock LOL of course with a 20g the tb isn't holding me back.

Hands down the Infiniti Q45. I have been running it for over 10 years with zero issues. Rock solid idle, doesnt stall when coming to stop lights, at MOST you might have to throttle for 15 seconds on cold start in cold weather. During warm weather I dont have to. It's 90 mm so it will let in as much air as your turbo can stuff!!!! LOL. In those ten years I have had no issues withe any seals leaking and I have had many different units. Just my .02

This is what I have hanging off an old school jmf drag. Cars not built yet, but I'm planning on running a remote mount IAC (with the nissan evap purge valve that some people do)

The ones that dont, say the same thing as jerzm3. Hold the throttle for 15-30 seconds and then she'll purr like a kitten, last guy i talked to said after 30 seconds he was steady at 900rpm with 276s.

I use a throttlebodys.com 1G N/T. I made a crapload of power on it, and it still works like stock. I've seen folks have nothing but issues with Q45's.

Uh oh.

Lol I've never heard anyone say "q45 is okay" it's always totally love it or totally hate it.

Amsrn13 last time I talked to you, you were installing your s2's, hows everything holding up? Besides the TB of course..

Uh oh.

Lol I've never heard anyone say "q45 is okay" it's always totally love it or totally hate it.

Amsrn13 last time I talked to you, you were installing your s2's, hows everything holding up? Besides the TB of course..
Cars running great, currently running 3 fuel pumps , one inline 2 intank, car made 646whp on a mustang dyno on the 6266. My transmission is the only thing holding me back so I purchased an auto swap. Gunna be starting that here soon.

I'm swapping in S2's on my rebuild too. Do they pull 9k? I need to whirl my turbo up.

From what im gathering alot of guys are making really good power on the stock tb, im running one from throttlebodys.com also and it been great. 0 leaks.... my biggest issue is leaks. The s90 was horrible with boost leaks. I lost all faith with it.I actually ordered some really nice seals from europe and they fit great. I just lost all faith in it....

I was about to get an s90, wasn't even looking for a q45, until I found both of these stupid cheap (q45/jmfdrag)..

That's weird you got 2 bad ones in a row most people are happy with theirs, unless they just don't check them.. Some people say their q45s leak too.. I guess every type of TB has a few bad apples..

Did you have idle surge or something? What were the symptoms?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back