The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support STM Tuned

'99 GS - SRT4 engine swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I don't think it's that easy. How would the SRT harness talk to the Eclipse interior gauges/etc.

You would need the same amount of wiring as you would a 4g63 swap.... Almost everything!

From reading the thread I posted above. the 2.4 out of a stratus uses the 420A's harness but it still requires some hacking such as the CAS positions and other small sensors but will work....

I know this is sounds like a dead horse from the 4g63 swap threads but it would be more cost efficient but just buy a non running turbo car to build. I have seen a couple in my area for around 1K and below for a turbo 1G.

The motor is too tall. You'd either have to have it sticking out of the hood or make some really stupid looking hood. Think of something along the lines of the 80s Camaro with the retarded looking cowl hood.

Eclipse bought 2 months ago front end collision 150 bucks. Srt-4 a 03 payed 300 5 years ago. Time for a merge and I've got patients.

Its a matter of placement and compromise. To tall set it down I have to Fab up mounts anyway.

This is another useful thread I thought you would need. it lays out EVERYTHING you may need

www.neons.org • View topic - 2.4 SWAP HOW TO... 56K YOU WISH...

http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/hangout/307399-what-do-you-think-2g-srt-4-swap.html

Here is a picture that GUSU was talking about

l_cb1e52b4cc354e1692816bcc0b0cf177.png

Another alternative is get a 2.4L from stratus/PT cruiser or anything other than a SRT4 and use SRT4 internals. This will allow the 420A head and the reuse of your old wiring with the SRT4 internals :)

Like I said I have both cars. Why would I want another engine when the srt is more than enough, and likes mods?

Just spit balling ideas for you to make it a smoother transition. It will def be unique! Keep us update with pictures and details of how you do this process.

I'm not going to express all the negative coments I have on my mind, because I don't really care.

I just really wish you go ahead and complete it, for two reasons. First one; because it'd actually be kinda cool, and of course, better than a stock N/T...

And secondly, because I'm really f'kin tired of all those damn "cry wolf" swap thread that literally NEVER goes anywhere, it really never does.

So please, do it, and post pictures and list details of the build along the way.

Good luck.

AI see four ways to wire the drivetrain.1 use the whole harness. 2splice in the srt engine and trans harness. 3 use the eclipse harness and use a fic?and other after market components. 4 send out the harnesses and have them spliced together. Now keep in mind that the pcm needs to be flashed because of the factory alarm. Any input would be appreciated.

Easiest way would probably be to use a megasquirt setup then you don't have to worry about any splicing and all that garbage associated with trying to put two different factory setups together.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back