The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2G front upper tubular suspension arms / wishbones adjustable (NOW CLOSED)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is it me or it seems like the bolt might come loose from vibrations and mess with caster adjustments. The spherical bearing that bolts to knuckle arm. Is there anyway to put a safety measure mechanism into it? On a street cars the stress from the roads and prolong driving can case a lot of stress.

Is it me or it seems like the bolt might come loose from vibrations and mess with caster adjustments. The spherical bearing that bolts to knuckle arm. Is there anyway to put a safety measure mechanism into it? On a street cars the stress from the roads and prolong driving can case a lot of stress.
Many companys use/have this method and i chose this method because many guys using this have seen years of trials and has been 100% fine, so for that reason i am not going to argue the facts that it works, it also allows more height clearance. The loctite is what stops it from becoming loose and the time i have had them on and testing not once has it showed any indication of vibrating loose thats why the loctite is vital for safety!

I take alot of my inspirations from cars that are faster, heavier, corner better, win in a vast array of events and can damn right out pace our cars! And if they can utilize this design then i can to, main example its the Nissan GTR!

These black ones below are SPL arms, $1300 anduse the same design! Used in many race cars and work perfectly well!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

These below are litchfields $3000 yes $3k! Use the same style but a bigger head and litchfields is a prime gtr race car designer!

As for your caster concern. Its not going to be any effect as for the caster to move the rod end needs to be fully rotated which will never happen unless you remove it yourself! Its impossibe for the caster to self adjust because its not designed to be adjusted once bolted up!

I also would not design something thats weak or due to fail and my resesrch has led me down many paths before making my final choice which is where i am at now with these, everything is over selective and engineered.

So i would not worry about vibrations or stress, i have driven an hour and a half each way on the testing and not 1 thing twisted or budged so once its all bolted down the clamping force keeps it all in check.

Also upper arms dont take as much of a strain as you think! Lower arms do but uppers are alot less! Its main goal is to keep the knuckle is position and whats left from the impact below via the shock, lower arm and compression arm. I forget the exact calculation but its something like lower force divided by the distance to and thats the force applied to that arm,

I hope this helps and answers your questions and concerns,

Thanks Bobby

Last edited:
Since the interest is so high, are you still only making a batch of 20?
Not sure how im going to take this one on just yet, im still thinking on it

Hey man super late to the party but I've been looking at alot of your suspension compentents and it looks amazing good stuff man I'm super interested if I can still hop in

Hey man super late to the party but I've been looking at alot of your suspension compentents and it looks amazing good stuff man I'm super interested if I can still hop in
Sure, i will add your name to this list,

Hello all,

Right now the rears are out the way,

Im back to these, im just going to go over the cost of parts and i am going to make thess go live by the end of feb start of march, so keep an eye out on the updates.

I know shipping has altered and the currency rate so that will adjust it a bit but will 100% get the price sorted and finalised soon and will edit the first page!

Thanks

Bobby, put me down for a set if you're still allowing people in on this, but only if you're able to fulfill my special request that we spoke about a few months back. Ill message you to remind you.

Bobby, I'm in and you know it. Just say the word on when you're ready to go.

I'm late seeing this but would love to be added to the list if possible! Thanks, Bobby!

Hey Bobby. Any updates on the ones being tested in Auto X on how they are holding up?
I will tag him in to get his views directly from him,
i know he likes them and had used them for a good few rounds until his engine broke on the way to an event.

@Black95TSIawd mind doing a quick overview of your thoughts and review so far on the page please? Thanks

Bobby, put me down for a set if you're still allowing people in on this, but only if you're able to fulfill my special request that we spoke about a few months back. Ill message you to remind you.
You are already on the list and of course i can make these to suit your needs, i wont leave you stranded dude,

Bobby and I agreed to test his front upper arms out on my autocross car. Shipping was quick and packaging was fantastic, especially for an international shipment. Everything was tightly packaged and the foam core box was a nice touch for extra protection. Just holding them in your hands and you can tell the quality of each piece. They're also very pretty. I almost didn't want to install them. LOL (not really)

Installation is pretty straight forward. Bobby, gives good direction on setup and is easily accessible to answer any questions. Setting camber/caster is very easy. (A proper alignment is always necessary after you make changes.)

My car's steering was already pretty tight due to it's setup, but even then, Bobby's arms added a very nice crispness. Steering felt sharp and smoother than ever. Getting the caster to match on both sides is a plus as well.

I was able to put a few hundred miles with the arms on and about 20 autocross runs. My car has 285 wide tires and makes tons of grip. And, the roads in northern NJ alone is a good torture test. Everything has gone smooth and I'm still very excited to have his parts on my car.

This is now ACTIVE folks! please read the highlighted edited parts in the first post page for the new details and final pricing!

if you need any clarification on my process methods then please do ask me further.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back