The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

S366 vs HX52

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjridert1

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 4, 2007
Akron, Ohio
Swapped over the winter, finally getting the 366 on the road. Spool has been ~4-500rpm quicker.
10psi in 3rd, 366 is 4500rpm, HX52 5200.
30psi in 3rd, 366 is 5500rpm, HX52 around 5900

Only work with the change was switching to the Vband to marmon flange
The turbine wheels are significantly different in mass, s366 turbine housing is more appropriately sized and a bit less cumbersome. I don't anticipate. Hopefully get it to the track for some more info

Attachments

• comp side.jpg
    comp side.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 306
  • comp top.jpg
    comp top.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 405
  • comp cover.jpg
    comp cover.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 369
  • comp turbine.jpg
    comp turbine.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 297
  • comp housing.jpg
    comp housing.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 330
Guys any of you have any video ?? I'm anxious to test any of these 2 turbos but i'm afraid they'll spool later in the 6000 rpm on my stock block motor.

I don't video tuning pulls, not a fan of self-incrimination LOL

If you're not building appreciable boost before 6000rpm and you're not a mile above sea level, something is wrong.. Further in your tune or mechanically, maybe both.

I'm running stock 6 bolt pistons and rods with a big cam and JMF Drag intake on E85.

See the shot of a log where I'm on 30psi before 4800rpm at 65% throttle? This thing's very responsive for a nearly > 90lb/min turbo with a giant heavy turbine.

Both Devin @ Boostin and Sal @ SM compared it to all the 6262s they're putting on customer cars lately.

By the way - a low CR (less thermally efficient) leaves more heat in the exhaust which will bring the turbine up faster.

That's not an opinion, that's physics. ;)

It may be contrary to common "tooners" knowledge, but so are many things.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back