The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

My New (non noob) big power setup ! WITH PICS !!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnsonroda27

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 20, 2004
norristown, Pennsylvania
not exactly sure where to post this so if its in the wrong spot please feel free to move it ..
basically im going to give my whole setup and please feel free to give me positive, negative, or neutral feedback on the combinations, manufacters, and vendors ive used for my setup including anything that im using thats failed you in the past or worked great for you
keep in mind this will be a track/weekend driver car thats it
thanks

car: 95 gsx with 13 pound roja lt5 wheels, lowered 1.5 inches all around and a eagle talon 97-98 front bumber

electronics: AEM EMS, w/MAP sensor with wideband, boost gauge, water temp, oil pressure all auto meter except the AEM wideband gauge. kill switch, turbo timer

Fuel: DENSO 1000cc* injectors with a aeromovitve A1000* fuel pump, aeromotive fuel pressure regulator, sumped tank, stainless lines, all custom plumbing done by my mechanic

Drivetrain: shep stage 4 transmission brand new from shep w/welded center diff, brand new transfer case from jacks transmissions, act 2900 clutch with street disc, act prolite flywheel, ARP flywheel bolts

Block: 2.4 liter stroker block from Slowboy racing with Manley I-beam, weisco 8.5 - 1 combo, stock 4g64 2.4 crank with all ARP hardware holding it together

Head: 1g head no porting, ferrea 1mm oversized vales intake and exhaust sides, supertech dual valve springs, forced performance (comp cams) FP3X cams, i dont remember exactly what we used for keepers and seals and such to be honest it was so long ago when i bought them, red powercoated valve cover(big deal, i know)

Turbo system: punishment racing gt35r kit (gt35r bb turbo, there nasty nasty header, 3 inch o2 housing, dump tube), tial 44 wastegate..1.3 bar

Intercooler... extreme turbo systems 4 inch thick extreme short route piping race CORE !, customer aluminum 2.5 inch intercooler piping (vibrant piping), Tial Q bov 11psi spring, mishimoto aluminum radiator w/1 stock fan pass side

Intakte and exhaust .. custom made 4 inch intake from vibrant piping going right down to the hole in the bumper where the old sidemount sat going up to a 1g throttle body.. custom 3 inch turbo back exhaust no cat no muffler 2 resonators..

going to be running 20psi on the street and 30 - 35 on the track with race fuel or meth not sure yet.. here are some pics to view the progress..

i may have forgotten alot of crap so if i do ill add it.. anything else you can ask.. thanks !

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

10,000 cc injectors are pretty big, i hope AEM can control those suckers!
haha

Seems like a nice build with quality parts, make sure to break everything in properly and with a good tune you should be having loads of fun with the car! good luck

haha i fixed that...my bad.. where should i have posted this i cant find anywhere that seems like its supposed to be there//

You might also want to fix your fuel pump size as well ;)

You've upgraded pretty much anything, yet you you didn't get a new intake manifold. Any reason you didn't go with an SMIM? Also, any pictures of the sumped tank?

Looks like a fun build! This is pretty much what I'd like to do with my car. You're not too far from me - how about taking me for a ride once it's done? :sneaky:

haha thanks..aparently i love zero's .. i dont know i just decided to keep the stock 1g mani for now .. ill probably upgrade .. as you probably know this wasnt cheap and im about out of money for parts for now .. i have to get some slicks and some odds and ends as well later on
' so ill get a jmfab one soon after im sure..
yea when its done if you wanna meet me somewhere ill give you a ride !

oh and i have a good shop if you need some really really good work done by a genius who does alot of dsm's including mine and hes a really good friend of mine..

why did you go with a aem / aeromotive fuel pump combo? Couldnt you get away with double wally 255's (if your worried about pumping enough fuel) and dsmlink? Just wondering ### its alot more expensive to do what you did.

yea ive seen a few people run a 35r with a 1g TB and 1g IM .. so we thought it should be fine for a while if need be

I'm not sure if you have had any problems with clutch disengagement. Looking at the position of the clutch fork, it looks like the clutch fork doesn't have much room to travel to disengage the pressure plate. I just put my tranny back in for the hundredth time last week and I have had to remove it to shim the pivot ball twice before. I make sure every time now the clutch fork is at least in the middle of the opening in the bell housing if not a little toward the motor. This is with a new pivot ball and clutch fork. ACT2600 also.

"Nicely Done! Any reason as to why the talon bumper?

"Nicely Done! Any reason as to why the talon bumper?

i like the way it looks with the fmic .. like its a wide open mouth just eating air.. haha .. i just love it .. and i kept the 95-96 paint scheme with the 2 tone which is unique

93 on street .. race fuel at the track.. or meth.. not sure yet

nice setup man, definatly would go with a ported head and a sheet metal intake manifold when you get the money and my question why go with a 2.4 the gt35 isn't that big where you would need the torque, especially if you wanna use this for the track I would have just gone with a built 2.0 or a 2.1 from anyone. If I was going with a 2.4 liter I think I would go with a larger turbo like a 40r-JOEYD

"If you don't like the Talon bumper then #### you!"
-Ricky Bobby

How can you NOT choose a 2gb Talon bumper, it's the sexiest of them all!!

edit * .. read his response wrong ..haha .. everyone has the eclipse bumper anyways

nice setup man, definatly would go with a ported head and a sheet metal intake manifold when you get the money and my question why go with a 2.4 the gt35 isn't that big where you would need the torque, especially if you wanna use this for the track I would have just gone with a built 2.0 or a 2.1 from anyone. If I was going with a 2.4 liter I think I would go with a larger turbo like a 40r-JOEYD

haha a 35r's not that big ? i mean i know there are bigger turbos but come on.. you cant say thats not big ..

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back