The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Megasquirt II V3.0 Setup and install

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arthris

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 31, 2011
New Market, Maryland
Hey all. Thought I would start a thread on my MSII V3.0 setup and install in my 1G. I've read a few threads on the MS install or thinking of install. But non of my questions where answered in any of them. So I pretty much used my knowledge to mod the board and wire up the MS to a factory connector that I got off another site. Ill be taking some pics of the finished setup. As well it is done. Have not tried to install in car yet as I was making my BT adapter to work with the MS as well. Yes I did say Bluetooth adapter. I can now log and tune wireless from my laptop or data-log with my cell phone. I will also get links up from the various pages I pulled my info to be able to do this. And ill post up my msq file for those that would like it for there setups. Also lets try not to turn this into link or AEM is better. I run a Ostrich setup currently as-well. Also if you have a current MS setup chim in. I and possibly others would love to know how its working for you.

This could not have come at a better time. I'm sick and tired of dealing with the issues that come with 20 yr old wiring. Symtech is building mine as I type.

Awesome. I got mine in the un-assebled state. I purchased it a few years ago for a different project. Cant wait to see what it can do.

Small update. Put MS in car and cranked to see if I had TDC and crank. Had neither. After looking at my pinouts found that I had the MS inputs for the TDC and crank signal wires soldered on the wrong pins on the engine harness side of my adapter harness. Ill get that fixed up. Once I have this figured out ill post up pics and a MS to engine harness pinout for you guys. Everything else is working though. So that is a plus!

I built one for a friend with an MS3x add-in card on top of MS2 (for 4 cylinder sequential and other outputs without adding a bunch of mods & crap to the PCB) that's going to be going in a 2G soon. I built him a P&P harness as well. Haven't put it in and put power to it yet, but hopefully soon. Good luck with yours.

Never thought of using a MS3 addon card on a ms2 for seq injection. Thats not a bad idea. Build a Ms3 little by little. I really do want a full ms3 setup, all the things i could do with it.

When I was looking at mega squirt I just bought the ms3 it didn't make sence to buy the ms 2 and then have it cost 200 for the ms3 card and then another 100 for the ms3x card. I got mine unassembled from DIYautotune.com. I have the 420a do my internal mods are different then yours but it was a fun project and the full version of tunerstudio is worth it VE analyze live works amazing!!

Good luck with it OP

Never thought of using a MS3 addon card on a ms2 for seq injection. Thats not a bad idea. Build a Ms3 little by little. I really do want a full ms3 setup, all the things i could do with it.

There was a thread started over on msextra.com last year about using an adapter board to run MS3X on an MS2 daughterboard ; I have a couple of the prototype adapters, and that's what we're using. Definitely cleans things up a lot.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

When I was looking at mega squirt I just bought the ms3 it didn't make sence to buy the ms 2 and then have it cost 200 for the ms3 card and then another 100 for the ms3x card. I got mine unassembled from DIYautotune.com. I have the 420a do my internal mods are different then yours but it was a fun project and the full version of tunerstudio is worth it VE analyze live works amazing!!

Good luck with it OP

The reason for it in this case was the MS2 was purchased before MS3 was available, and for this particular setup, it would make no sense to go to a full MS3 when we could go this route.

Last edited:
The MS3X Seq. is great! Im currently running MS on full standalone and I almost got it driving BETTER than the factory ecu. With the MS3X card you can add some nice features such as Launch control and Flat-shift is fun. Plus you get all the latest software the autotune in TunerStudio VE Analyze Live is great. It helped me A Lot getting started with tuning my ve tables. What I love about MS is all the extra sensors you can add or operate solenoids and relays.
And they have the wireless Bluetooth adapter for MS now for a pretty good price which is Amazing.

I would love to get ahold of that adapter. Ill probly work on this tommorow and see if i can get the car started. Ive had the auto tune feature for two years. This is the first its been connected to everything and be this close to starting

Have a issue. Put it in car and cranked to make sure I had cranking RPM and had nothing. Went to the logger and had neither Cam or Crank position:( I did have power to the CAS. Havnt been able to trouble shoot to much as of yet. Not sure what It could be. Ill update when I find out more

Yes and no. Head gasket popped weekend before last. Replaced it last thursday and went to start it and no go. After much troubleshooting i narrowed it down to my stock ecu so i installed the MS in. I jumped power to power up the cas and fixed a small issue i fogot to to doin the MS. Still would not start. Still didnt get a crank signal. Without trying it on a running car im not 100% positive what is wrong but it could be my cas. Im gonna try to get the car running and do more troubleshooting. Ill have a wiring diagram up as soon as it runs along with setup info on the MS

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow been 4 months:( Still no updates. Been too busy to do anything. I was told to wire up the injectors a certain way in order to get it to run decent. I found my issue with the HG. The cas wires broke at the cas. Toasted the cas so i had to get another. Been since then ive been way to busy to mess with it. I do want to get it running on the MS just to see what it can do. After that Ill probly sell it to go with a MS3 Setup. They just came out with a knock board. Using a bosch sensor you can set it up for exactly what you need it to do. Plus I just want to be able to run my car with a real COP setup. Peak and hold injector drivers and all that cool stuff:) Dont worry when I get the time ill post up everything.

Wow been 4 months:( Still no updates. Been too busy to do anything. I was told to wire up the injectors a certain way in order to get it to run decent. I found my issue with the HG. The cas wires broke at the cas. Toasted the cas so i had to get another. Been since then ive been way to busy to mess with it. I do want to get it running on the MS just to see what it can do. After that Ill probly sell it to go with a MS3 Setup. They just came out with a knock board. Using a bosch sensor you can set it up for exactly what you need it to do. Plus I just want to be able to run my car with a real COP setup. Peak and hold injector drivers and all that cool stuff:) Dont worry when I get the time ill post up everything.

Any update on this?

Hey if anyone ever has any megasquirt questions feel free to hit me up. We are a dealer for Diyautotune products and have had megasquirts in quite a few cars. The shop Chrysler conquest has gone 8.8 on a MS3 and my personal car went 9.7 on a MS2.

So feel free to hit me up with any questions or concerns if it involves a megasquirt I am sure that I've come across it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back