The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

BC 2.6L stoker?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

i think i know what you're talking about but not now hundred percent sure. post a link

beat me to the post.

First off it says it is a 4g64 block, so you would need one of them.

Guess I'm too late on my answer.

that looks like toooo much work so i guess I'll be sticking with my 4G63 and put a smaller stroker in it

Yea a 2.3 can be done fairly cheap using factory hard parts. Factory 100m 2.4 crank, factory 1g big rods and stroker pistons, arp hardware. It would make a great street car.

If thats not enough these guys have kits starting at $1500 for the 2.3's.
DSM & EVO I-III Rotating Assemblys

Screw the stroker kits, they are expensive and unless you plan on making 800whp then I don't think they are needed. For your 6 bolt NT block to work, you will need a 6 bolt 4g64 crank (these are a little hard to find, they didn't make many 6 bolt 4g64 cranks) or a 6 bolt g4cs 2.4 crank. Then a set of factory sized rods, I would recommend going forged. I used Manley rods, and didn't have to grind the main caps down at all or dent the oil pan for the longer stroke. And a set of stroker pistons. These pistons are shorter than factory to accomodate for the longer stroke and same length rods. I picked up my 6 bolt 4g64 crank on the classifieds section for about $150 shipped.

$1500 isn't too bad, I guess the difference is dropping more money on a forged crank vs. an oem style crank. But $3200 for a 2.6L stoker kit? That's a little much. I love my stroker. Insta-power. My next build will most likely be a stroked motor too.

2.6 stroker sounds like a hella lot a fun!!!!

With 2.3 you get better low end torque and quicker spool on a bigger turbos. I imagine 2.6 is just more, better and more fun! Talk about smoking tires!

I think its a stroke kit for a 2.4 block Bud92GSX. If you increased the stroke on that block you could reasonably get a 2.6 out of it. It would require a custom crank and rods though. And 2.4 bore stroker pistons. Which is what this kit appears to be, and at that price it better be.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back