The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Pilot Short Throw

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalonR

20+ Year Contributor
Mar 4, 2003
Oceanside, California
Has anyone put a Pilot short throw shifter in a 94 DSM, if so what were the results. What was the throw % of it...Just curious, I am getting sick of this long throw stuff.....Thanks:thumb:

No one has any clue.......k, well heres another question???in reguards to cutting the stock shifter down, is it as safe as installing a short throw???Has anyone done it, if so what are the results??Thanks:thumb:

Originally posted by Defiant
Track down ArcticTSi.

defiant is correct I am running this unit. I highly reccomend it. A little on the spendy side if I recall correctly but well worth it. The throw is roughly 35% less. The short throw is accomplished by shorting the shifter as well as changing the geometry(shape/angle) of the actual shifter. I also have new shifter cables,symborski bushings and a greddy weighted knob. helps to slam the gears. But the shifter itself is overly built, large welds and thicker than stock in some spots. If I recall correctly they are similiar to the Mofugas/Rollhard ones. Pilot just bought the units after the formentioned shops went under. The shifter sat so low in the console I had to remove the shift boot and trim the shift ring that holds the boot in place to keep from smashing my fingers. worked great, just use a dremel.

couple pics, they are old since it is one of the first mods I did.

Jose
ArcticTsi

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back