The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

what kind of gas mileage are you getting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Squint

Probationary Member
Aug 3, 2002
Honolulu_Hi
Hi, I'm just curious at what kind of MPG (miles per gallon) or how many miles you are getting per full tank?

please list mods and type of driving

I'm currently getting around 210-230 miles per full tank, i fill my tank with exactly 11 gallons of 92 octane. thats what 20 bucks buy in hawaii.

right now i have just an intake, 2.5 dp and 3in full piping catback

car is just used for transportation, once in a while i would just sample it a few times.

Originally posted by 2-0turbo
This has been covered. Did you try the search (top right). See this thread, and try the search--there are a lot more threads out there covering this topic.

just an FYI.. rules on this site state to never tell another member to search.. you did help out with a link so thats great but no need to tell them to search..

<b>Use the Search" is not an acceptable response. Link to the answer instead</b>

Originally posted by larryd

just an FYI.. rules on this site state to never tell another member to search.. you did help out with a link so thats great but no need to tell them to search..

<b>Use the Search" is not an acceptable response. Link to the answer instead</b>

I am aware of this, but I thought they could use a little reminder. :D There are about 170 posts that pull up under "mileage". There is a lot more information on THIS site if the person is just willing to spend a few minutes sifting through them. I cannot, and will not, post a link to each one--it is easier to use the search. I posted the discussion I recalled recently, but like I said, there are many others that are relavent. I know why you have this rule and cannot fault you in your reasoning. However, the number of frivolous posts that get generated as a result borders on lunacy. But, I'll comply.

Anyway, back to surfing....;)

Anywayz, i was the one who posted the "MPG" post. Yes, it is normal. If you are like me, or any other dsm owner for that matter, you like to get on it. This of course causes ALOT of fuel consumption. question though, why are you only putting 11 gallons in?

oh ... reason why i put about 11 gallons is because thats all you can buy with 20 bucks. its easier for me to just hand them 20. i dislike handing them extra dollars and then having to return back inside to get the change.

im getting around 300 to a tank,
cruizing on the highway about 75 mph
vacuum reading -15 to -5
rarely sees boost anyways.

free mods++
95 manifold
upper ic pipe w/tb elbow
evc ez
piddly crap

18-22 MPG, but I run between 90 and 120 mph for 9 out of the 33 miles I drive to work each way. Nice brand new 2 lane deserted concrete highway winding thru the bluffs...awesome drive. However, I get maybe 24 putting it on the highway, but I still have a stock exhaust and cat till I get the new motor built.

Depending on how heavy my foot is, I atleast get 200miles on it. If I'm just cruising, I get about 250-270...and if I'm traveling on the highways, I get about 300.

As far as mods, check my profile...too numerous to type right now :D

My friends GSX gets 28-30 MPG.

to find your MPG not to sound smart but just in case someone is wondering you: (car starts with a full tank of gas) divide the miles you travled by how much gas it takes to fill the car back up.
300miles / 10gallons = 30 MPG

I just got 29mpg on my way back home from Tech the other week. That was highway. I filled my tank up RIGHT before I left, set the trip on my counter so it zero'd out, drove home, then when I got home I went to the gas station and filled the tank BACK up, that way I could see how many gallons were depleted from a full tank, meaning how many I used. 214miles, 7.387gallons, mods are in my profile.

I didnt boost it at all, but I did get up to 110mph at a couple times just slowly creeping myself up there cause I was bored during the 3 hour trip.

Originally posted by PsSsShTGSX
um yea i got a problem. im gettin 150 miles and im at a 1/4 tank i refill there. what the hell is that ?OMG

Looks like someone needs an S-afc :). I used to get 180miles to a fll tank before the Safc, then after I got one and tuned it nicely I pulled 280 or so miles to a tank literally just the next week. Very nice eh? :)

It's all about tuning.

Originally posted by 16g-95gsx

Looks like someone needs an S-afc :). I used to get 180miles to a fll tank before the Safc, then after I got one and tuned it nicely I pulled 280 or so miles to a tank literally just the next week. Very nice eh? :)

It's all about tuning.

I just got a S-AFC, but previous to install it I would like to be sure; don´t you think that there could be something wrong in the engine to consume such a quantity of fuel? I make 200miles with 11,6gallons (aprox 17MPG in the city with normal traffic).

I'm no DSM god or anything, but a buddy of mine is getting 12 mpg on his 97 GST, and his check engine light is on, so he seems to think it could be a bad O2 sensor. Mabey this helps.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back