The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

New Synchros

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92gvr4

Probationary Member
Sep 29, 2002
Racine_Wisconsin
I need new synchros for my '92 Galant VR-4. if anyone know where i can get a good deal on them or any helpful info for me....please let me know.... thanx in advance

~Cory

would bad synchros be the cause of not being able to shift into first at all or grinding into second????

Could be or it could be your clutch needs adjusting or you need to tighten a bolt on your clutch pedal assy. or your mastercylinder could be bad or your slave cylinder. There are alot of reasons for your issue give some more info. and I could probably help pinpiont out the problem. Where is your clutch engaging, reach under your dash and feel you clutch master cylinder rod and see if it has any fluid on it, look at your clave cylinder and see if it has any moisture around it. And the bolt I'm refering to is on the end of the clutch pedal assy. furthest to the right and holds it all together, this bolt comes loose quite often on 1G's. Good luck!

Mike

Well...guys..
I am from Indonesia and I own 2 cars :

FWD 1991 NT
AWD 1992 GVR4

I try to solve the "syncro" problems by swapping the syncro rings. For example, if you have bad shifting from 1 to 2nd, try to swap your 2nd ring to 1st (just change the positions of the rings) . It goes the same with 3rd and 4th. I tried this method and it works really well. Oh..one other thing, change your shifting cable.

Bye

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back