The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

EVO VIII cams in 4g63?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drk mrk iv

15+ Year Contributor
Jul 31, 2004
Charlotte, North_Carolina
My friend has some stock EVO8 cams sitting in his room. I can probably get them for about 200 bucks... I happen to have my talon sitting in my garage at the moment semi torn apart (thinking about rebuilding head). Will they even fit/be worth the effort? Or are all the sensors and the like totally different because of the differences in the motor.

BTW. NGK plugwires don't seal too well and leak oil. :|

I have read some threads on this. But they are still inconclusive. Someone was going to do the cam swap, but hasn't commented on anything yet.

73 views and not one reply? A shame. I'll look on some other boards and see if I can dig some stuff up and put it up.

Two things, plug wires don't leak oil, your valve cover gasket is leaking. Replace it.

Two, EVOVIII cams will not fit because the head is turned the other way.

Now please close this thread, this topis is older than dirt.

weak sauce .. HAHAHAHA thats great

Luke :laugh: :dsm:

Jebus[tuning] said:
Two things, plug wires don't leak oil, your valve cover gasket is leaking. Replace it.

Two, EVOVIII cams will not fit because the head is turned the other way.

Now please close this thread, this topis is older than dirt.
was flaming the newbie really needed??

Yea free parts is so weak sauce. :rolleyes:
Vavle cover has been off... That is how I discovered the gross amount of oil everywhere. Sure this topic is older than dirt, but the fact that almost every thread had inconclusive results lead me to start one in hopes of getting a solid answer. Please explain what is so cool about having evo parts in my motor? And from another thread on another forum, it said it can be done. Though I do not know if the cams would actually give me an increase.

Nah, you can swap in one cam for sure, I think exhaust....but but not the other....Im not sure about which, but Ryan at RNR put one dsm HKS cam in his evo and the other did not fit, so their is some compatibilty. As for being beneficial. I highly doubt it.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back