The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Photo Your Trunk!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

InfiniteGSX

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 10, 2002
Tijeras, New_Mexico
Mainly looking to see what people with DSM's do to thier trunks... Mainly for audio system reasons.

Here's my old setup...
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Cant find my pics right now but I fiberglassed the area where it dips in behind the rear passanger tire and put 1 mtx 10 in there. It would hit harder facing the glass but It sounds good and I still have all my room back there. Besides you cant really see it.

Isn't it recommended for it to be facing towards the rear?

For the best bass reflex, yes! BUT, when your subs slap the back of the trunk because the box is soo flippin gigantic you kinda have no choice! This time around I'm going with a few 6" subs from ED!

blackGSX2g, That is insane! Soo fresh and clean! Was the board hard to make? Cause I need to make something like that... but to fit the entire stock area of the hatch... So I'm kinda wondering whats the best way to go about it.

I want to make my trunk clean like that.

Nope, the board wasn't too hard to make. I used the stock piece as a template, then just added a bit around all the edges so it would meet flush with the sides. Then stretched speaker-box carpet over everything else and slid it into place.

I've actually got a full size battery mounted under there as well.

Well you probably have seen where I have my battery mounted back there... where the stock cd changer went... or whatever you wanted to use it for... I just wanna make a board that fits over where you did... and all over the bottom side... pretty much the entire trunk. Probably going to use half inch thick MDF or something light so my rear end doesn't weigh a ton! I am still trying to figure out exactly what I want tho... I know that I want the outcome to be that I have my trunk clean like yours... but still have nice bass...

I was thinkin of something like this...

but I'd really like to keep the area where he put the subs clean... so I can drop the seats an d see through...

So something I'm thinking about is since I'm using those 6" eDaudio subs that are 400wRMS a peice, is make a plexiglass hatch cover with a built in box on the bottomside with like 2 or 3 of them pointing downwards for looks and bass...

Its a little messy right now...

haha

There are no more on ebay... I guess you just gotta browse around, doing a search I can't find it...

But the thing is, he shown a few different images, with single sub, dual subs, amps, mitsubishi logos... all of that stuff... one of them was your enclosure...

This is what I want to build. I see this in the Classifieds. This is amazing! Ofcource I want to build mine different... but pretty much the sub flush, the amps flush and looking stock. But it would require me to redesign the computer case... but I think I can set it up if I relocate the psu outside of the case... Just getting rid of the PSU out of the case would shave off 6" off the length. And if I mount the Hard Drive Vertical that would shave off 4"... but I'd have to worry about the watercooling kit.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v103/9guy9/Talon/stereo/S4300492.jpg?t=1188888411

You god damned show off! LOL.

nice setup, was going to do something similar but decided on something sleeper looking.

However I have a question... The only reason or use I see for those speakers on the hatch... is for music outside of the vehicle, Would I be correct on this assumption? Or is there an actual reason for why I see a few setups like this...?

My hatch..

I guess I'm seing it right, that the GSX's have less trunk space then the FWDs? I don't remember that with mine at all... but I hardly remember anything about my GSX.

Love the enclosure, you build it?

Mine is pretty simple now, but it sounds great, and I still have plenty of trunk room. I'll snap a picture tonight. I used an MTX 8000 10" because they have a shallow depth when compared to most 10 inch subs and built a custom box for it so I could keep the rear deck.

Here's the setup I had in my talon which I know miss greatly... It's simple and wasn't hard to make, either.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back