Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > DSM Tech > Bolt-on Tech > Nitrous/Alcohol/Water Injection
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Nitrous/Alcohol/Water Injection: Nitrous, alcohol, and water injection tech discussions.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2008, 03:12 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 103
Photos: 1
Classifieds Rating: 0
Send a message via AIM to motrmaniac

whats a good NOS kit to buy and install.

what kit from NOS is a good setup. i want a good 75 or 100 wet shot... im new to nitrous and i dont know what the fogger system and stuff like that it

View photos of this member's car 

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 05:49 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,347
Photos: 3
Classifieds Rating: 3
Reputation: TSIMonsteR is pretty helpful and trustworthyTSIMonsteR is pretty helpful and trustworthy
does it HAVE to be NOS brand?

I like this kit STMDSM - ZEX EFI Wet Kit - 82021 and plan to get it for myself

Jake
Visit TSIMonsteR's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 10-27-2008, 06:07 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 433
Photos: 2
Classifieds Rating: 4
Reputation: grnchevyz is extremely helpful and trustworthygrnchevyz is extremely helpful and trustworthygrnchevyz is extremely helpful and trustworthy
Send a message via MSN to grnchevyz
ZEX is by far the easiest to install/use and its a nice shiny purple!

NX (Nitrous Express) will yield the best results if you are looking for reliability.

Old 10-27-2008, 06:28 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 2,333
Photos: 10
Classifieds Rating: 11
Reputation: crimsondragon is extremely helpful and trustworthycrimsondragon is extremely helpful and trustworthycrimsondragon is extremely helpful and trustworthy
If you have no idea what some of the components of a nitrous system is, maybe you should go more in depth with your reading. We don't want anything blowing up in green flames now do we?

Kanade: 06 Ninja250

Old 10-28-2008, 12:28 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 1,406
Classifieds Rating: 2
1st off, it's called Nitrous oxide, not NOS. This isn't fast and furious. NOS is a brand of nitrous kits. Personally i've had great luck with nitrous express and dynotune nitrous kits.

Old 10-28-2008, 05:49 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Proven Member

Reputation: TSIMonsteR is pretty helpful and trustworthyTSIMonsteR is pretty helpful and trustworthy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnett03 View Post
1st off, it's called Nitrous oxide, not NOS. This isn't fast and furious. NOS is a brand of nitrous kits. Personally i've had great luck with nitrous express and dynotune nitrous kits.
He was asking about NOS brand.... not calling it NOS.

Jake

Old 10-28-2008, 04:23 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

lol thnx tsi haha

Old 10-28-2008, 05:00 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

ok i think i found the kit im gonna get.. next question is. can i drill n tap the intercoooler pipe right at the thottle body. thats where i want to put the nozzle in. is that good? or any other inputs would be goood. its a single shot wet kit. and also where should i tap into the fuel for the fuel side of the jet?

Old 10-28-2008, 05:49 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 832
Send a message via Yahoo to interex
To me it looked like he was referring to NOS as being "any" Nitrous kit, and not something specific by NOS ™

Zex is the best way to go if you ask me, and you can usually find universal kits on Craigslist or Ebay cheap.

I made a plate to go between my TB and Intake Manifold that I will be spraying through rather than into the intake runners or intercooler piping. (jsyk)

Edit: My plate is at the shop in my car but it looks like this... Basically a TB Spacer but has the fogger nozzle that goes into the middle/side and fogs directrly into the middle of the air flow.

Last edited by interex; 10-28-2008 at 06:55 PM.

Old 10-29-2008, 08:37 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motrmaniac View Post
what kit from NOS
Not what NOS kit... he specifically said, from NOS. (Maybe he likes the brand because he thinks they have good products, or maybe he has another reason, idk)

Anyway, putting the nozzle in the TB elbow is probably your easiest option and will work fine.

Jake

Old 10-29-2008, 04:17 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
Proven Member

alright awesome i got my kitt.. and i was referrein to NOS becasue i work at sk speed and i can get a good deal..

Old 10-29-2008, 11:42 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIMonsteR View Post
Not what NOS kit... he specifically said, from NOS. (Maybe he likes the brand because he thinks they have good products, or maybe he has another reason, idk)

He actually did say type of NOS, not "kit from NOS" before... he edited it to fix his mistake.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:54 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #13 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSIMonsteR View Post
He was asking about NOS brand.... not calling it NOS.
Sure about that? The title says "whats a good NOS kit to buy"

Old 10-30-2008, 03:33 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #14 (permalink)
Proven Member

Timeslip: 14.631 @ 95.187
Tech Posts: 271
Photos: 41
Classifieds Rating: 11
so this isnt the fast and the furious??? ..............shix

NX efi kit was pretty easy to install.

Old 10-30-2008, 03:41 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #15 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Sure about that? The title says "whats a good NOS kit to buy"
Yes I'm sure, he edited both the topic and the message. He even sent me an email confirming he meant any kit in general.

Old 10-30-2008, 06:29 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #16 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by motrmaniac View Post
alright awesome i got my kitt.. and i was referrein to NOS becasue i work at sk speed and i can get a good deal..
Awesome, what did you go with?

Jake

Old 11-01-2008, 11:13 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #17 (permalink)
Proven Member

i acutaly went with a barry grant system.. nitrous works.. easy to install and got it for a great price.. im doing a 100 shot. and dam it woke the car upp i cant belive it. ir aced my buddy in his 11.6 gt and we were neck and neck.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:53 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #18 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by interex View Post
To me it looked like he was referring to NOS as being "any" Nitrous kit, and not something specific by NOS

Zex is the best way to go if you ask me, and you can usually find universal kits on Craigslist or Ebay cheap.

I made a plate to go between my TB and Intake Manifold that I will be spraying through rather than into the intake runners or intercooler piping. (jsyk)

Edit: My plate is at the shop in my car but it looks like this... Basically a TB Spacer but has the fogger nozzle that goes into the middle/side and fogs directrly into the middle of the air flow.

I like this idea and like the piece you made, but i don't like it because the nitrous is to close to the manifold and won't have enough time/distance to atomize properly.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:06 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #19 (permalink)
Proven Member

Quote:
I like this idea and like the piece you made, but i don't like it because the nitrous is to close to the manifold and won't have enough time/distance to atomize properly.
Oh, that piece isn't mine, it's just a picture of a TB Nitrous Plate I grabbed off the interwebz. My piece is at the shop and I was meaning to take a picture of it when I was there the other day but completely forgot about it. Mine is basically the same thing though just without all the extra holes inside the chamber. How much more can it atomize? The nozzle does a very good job of supplying a very fine mist/fog so placing the plate at the TB for me isn't a bad idea. I probably won't even install this on my setup for a while as I really can't afford to mess with it right now. Swapping from a 4g63 to a 4g64 is going to be enough for me right now.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:48 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #20 (permalink)
Proven Member

Every nitrous kit i've installed the directions clearly state "place shark nozzle 6-12inches from the throttle body, no closer" You are bound to run a cylinder lean with that setup.