The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

whats a good NOS kit to buy and install.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud you are way over your head here. A single nozzle needs proper space to full atomize and spread itself out upon each of the cylinders so they get the same amount of nirtrous/fuel. Direct port has it's own nozzle per cylinder to make sure each cylinder gets the same nitrous/fuel as the other cylinders. Tell me why every nitrous kits says to install the nozzle 6-12inches from the throttle body? Don't you think they know a little bit more about nitrous than you do? Puddling is not a concern on a turbo car unless the shot is very large, and then you should be on a direct port setup for shots past 100hp.

You go from talking about all cars, to specifically turbo cars. How come there are throttle body spacers that you hook nitrous lines up to then sir? I mean honestly, directions from a nitrous kit are generally universal. There is not really a wrong way for an application as there are many, many different ways and areas you can place the fogger. And yes, puddling is a large concern on other cars that have problems with such occurances, hence the reason for the suggestion to have the fogger farther away, so there will not be a cylinder or area of the intake manifold that will get too much more fuel/nitrous than any other.

You go from talking about all cars, to specifically turbo cars. How come there are throttle body spacers that you hook nitrous lines up to then sir? I mean honestly, directions from a nitrous kit are generally universal. There is not really a wrong way for an application as there are many, many different ways and areas you can place the fogger. And yes, puddling is a large concern on other cars that have problems with such occurances, hence the reason for the suggestion to have the fogger farther away, so there will not be a cylinder or area of the intake manifold that will get too much more fuel/nitrous than any other.

Let me type this again so you understand better.. EVERY nitrous kit i've seen, excluding direct port tells to put the nozzle 6-12inches from the throttle body. No matter what car it says this. So tell me why you think you are smarter than them and know more about nitrous kits than them. Puddling is not an issue with a correct nitrous setup and the correct shot for that nozzle/system. So tell me why you think you are right and all the nitrous makers are wrong?

Nitrous is atomized by the jets, there is NO set distance they have to be, those "recommended distances" are to keep idiots from blowing up their motor not to mention that they are guidelines and every installation is different. They can be directly at the port (best) or farther away (more likely to pool). Burnett obviously has not been around any nitrous installations, from single shot plates to multi-stage fogger systems. The only reason you would put it farther back would be to cool the air (waste of nitrous) instead of using it as a second fuel.

I have built alot of nitrous cars over the years and i have used every kit known to man.

here are some tips i hope that help

1. nx makes the best efi kits off the shelf you can buy up to 200 shot

2. nos solenoids are junk

3. if you want something custom darkside nitrous or Induction Solutions are the best

4. I.S makes the best nozzles

5. NS makes the best feed valves

6. NLS makes the best controller

when is comes to nitrous kits going cheap does not cut it , i have tune, build, blue print, flow kits and more then willing to help.

this is why you should always check your solenoids even out of the box, here is a compucar solenoid that i was about to blue print for a build i was doing for someone and out pop half dozen of these things dont know what they were but they werehard as a rock. kit was new and the box was unopened
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back