The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Ebay turbochargers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What do you guys think of Ebay turbochargers? 16G's 20G's?
Unfortunatly I am really low on funds and need a turbo ASAP, does anyknow know of some desent turbos for under 600$?

stay away from 90% of anything on ebay, you should be able to get a replacement turbo from the classifieds pretty cheap

I have heard from SOME people they got lucky and had one last 50k miles. BUT, they had to go through a few before they got a good one.

So in short they are just not worth it. For $200 you can get an MHI 16g; used of course.

The previous owner had a Big 16g turbo out on my car and it lasted maybe 5 months then boom, my cars sitting at the moment -_- don't waste your time man, and If you're looking to upgrade STM currently has a sale going on and their MHI Evo3 Big 16g Turbo is like 745$ before sale I believe so you May be able to get it down some.

I had a big 16g I got new off ebay that worked great for 50k miles till the car was wrecked but I looked and found a quality one. You have to look and use your brain and not buy the cheapest one you can find like anything on ebay.

If your in a pinch and don't mind wasting a couple hundred dollars I say go for it. Just remember they are made in China and don't have much quality control. Had a buddy run one in his turbo hatch and it smoked right out of the box. Put in a oil restrictor and that helped. I would say only run one until you can save up for a quality turbo, or better yet buy a used quality turbo for the same price.

my cxracing 16g lasted 1500 miles. then started to push oil past the seals

A friend of mine runs an ebay 16g, it works fine, but it spools slower than a bigger turbo would, and I wouldn't trust it. Imo it isn't worth it when you can buy a used turbo for the same price and have a reliable power maker.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back