The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

evo 8 turbo

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

onelove3

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 11, 2010
fresno, California
has anybody used a evo 8 turbo on a 2g dsm. thinking of putting one on my 95 dsm if it works:confused:

Yeah its been done.. and no question is a stupid question. :D

haha! i was looking into this a while back... There are pictures floating around out there and you'll be very tight for space against the rad. Also, with all the fabricated parts you'll need, and the amount of beer you'll drink trying to put it all together you're better off just getting a 16G. My $0.02

i have built a few manifolds for Cordia, VR4 to Evo3 to use the Evo4-9 reverse turbos.... they work fine with faster spool..

Cordia
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

my drag set up (GSR/GTI)

custom request, for RWD with early 4g63

my current set up

if you can find someone to make you a manifold.... id recomend the
TD05HRA-16G6C-10.5T evo 9 turbo for all round power..

or for quick spool/response track work
Evo Mak 6.5 TD05RA-15GK2-10.5T
or
Evo 8 RS/RS2 TD05HRA-16G6-9.8T

if fabricated correctly all your stock hoses etc should fit in the same positions...

but if you realy need the space, use a 3core alloy Civic radiator if you really need the extra space for your turbo to fit.....

Now that I think about it, yeah you probably will have to fab something up for a downpipe.

According to JayRome (a couple of posts up) all the stock hoses should fit

No don't use that flange on an evo turbo as your manifold is for a single scroll turbo and the evo turbo is twin scroll.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back