The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Torque Specifications Spec, Bolt, Nut

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

19Eclipse90

DSM Wiseman
Sep 29, 2003
OKC, Oklahoma
****EDIT 2 - Many people have been unable to locate the specs they needed in these PDFs. If you are having trouble finding a specification for an engine bolt, you may consider trying to find it here: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/art...t-size-bolt-nut-stud-fastener-1g-version.html.****

If in doubt, ask!

In the same light that LiQUidx posted torque specs, here is a listing of OEM torque specifications for most any nut or bolt on a first generation DSM.

If errors are found, please point them out in this thread. As well, add any missing specs here.

A similar composition for second generation vehicles will be in the works soon. Hopefully this will help eliminate many of the threads asking for proper torque values.

Edit: Version 2 is a condensed version of the original, organized by 2.0L, 1.8L, FWD, AWD, and Common sections and are alphabetized. Version 1 is still perfectly good if you have it and has more information in more places than version 2, but it has been removed from here to easier control the information. Look to utilize the "Find" feature in Adobe Reader to help you locate the specifications you need.

Errors:
-In the first version, page 21 of 55 in the automatic transmission section, the torque values for the transaxle mounting bolts are switched.

Attachments

• 1G_Torque_Specsv2.pdf
    294.1 KB · Views: 2,929
I was debating putting it in there, but I didn't know which section to choose! I'll see if a mod wants to move it.

I will see what I can do; it should cut down the total number of pages slightly also. Appreciate the input!

=============================================

After fiddling with it today, I came out with something drastically shorter than the original list. Alphabetizing allowed for me to easily get rid of repeats. So that version has been attached to the original post.

Now, after completing that and realizing I may have gotten rid of things I didn't mean to, I went back to the file I uploaded initially. It just so happens that the "Find" feature on Adobe Reader works to help you locate any instance of any word, phrase, or part of a word you wish to find in the document. I had doubts it would work like that because of the way I imported the tables to the document, but it seems to work just fine. Because of this, I am not likely to go back over the 2G specifications simply because I do not want to leave out information (and it's not very fun).

Craig, that might help you find what you need a little easier; I don't know if you had tried that or not or if you are even using Adobe Reader to view it.

Other comments, questions, suggestions, concerns, bitches, and gripes are of course welcome.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back