The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

will the 14b taper off like the t25?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hitmachine101

10+ Year Contributor
Nov 16, 2009
Rochester NY, New_York
ok ive done tons of reading about the two turbos

I just got a 14b in great shape minus the cracked hot side which i can change once i find a replacement

I dont plan on boosting more then 14-15psi because i dont have the supporting fuel,ecu, and pump modifications but ive noticed, and read, that the t25 tapers off as the rpms go up. For example 3rd gear pulls that peg at 14psi start to taper down to 12psi by 5k rpms and close to 10psi by redline.

My question is if i install this 14b, will it hold strong at 14 psi all the way to redline? I understand that it will spool around 500rpms slower then the t25 and im fine with that. I have a flex feed line and a 1g oil return line to the oil pan so im almost set with the 1g install kit on the 2g.

I have a 3inch down pipe and will i need to port anything to hold the 14psi?

Thanks guys

ok ive done tons of reading about the two turbos

I just got a 14b in great shape minus the cracked hot side which i can change once i find a replacement

I dont plan on boosting more then 14-15psi because i dont have the supporting fuel,ecu, and pump modifications but ive noticed, and read, that the t25 tapers off as the rpms go up. For example 3rd gear pulls that peg at 14psi start to taper down to 12psi by 5k rpms and close to 10psi by redline.

My question is if i install this 14b, will it hold strong at 14 psi all the way to redline? I understand that it will spool around 500rpms slower then the t25 and im fine with that. I have a flex feed line and a 1g oil return line to the oil pan so im almost set with the 1g install kit on the 2g.

I have a 3inch down pipe and will i need to port anything to hold the 14psi?

Thanks guys

A 14b will hold 14-15 psi all the way to the redline. That is why a 14b is considered an upgrade for the t-25. I have my 14b set an 14 psi with a true 3" downpipe and full 3" exhaust with nothing ported and It holds 14 psi fine with no creeping. Also I think that any used 14b will have a cracked hot side, mine does too.

Hope this helps!

wow seems like a lot of you have cracked hot sides, ya im a little worried about the boost spike/creep

just port out the wastegate hole with a dremel. I did it with my evo 3 after seeing creep and no creep has been present since. Took MAYBE an hour of my time. And i used a grinding stone bit not even a carbide burr

My next mod. Can you feel the difference? Not trying to thread jack but a quick question.

I imagine with 14 psi to redline instead of tapering down to 10psi it would definatly make the car pull harder. Will the stock fuel system be able to hold that without knock or fuel cut? I know it will hold the t25 with no problem because of the tapering but i really dont want to run lean and blow my motor,,

If you're trying to hold 22psi to redline, the 14B will not. If you're trying to hold 15-16psi, the 14B should do it with no problem.

ya if i want the 22psi to redline ill get the evo16g, thanks for the info

my 14b holds 15psi all the way to redline and i didnt know that the hotside was crack to hell till i swap from a 14b to a 16g.... i was like no wonder the spool up was a lil off LOL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back