The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Bad injector resistor box? How to test it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnboy1065

10+ Year Contributor
May 26, 2009
kingsport, Tennessee
Hey,

I'm wanting to test the resistance of my injector box to see if they are within spec.

I just don't know a good way of doing it? If anyone could explain this to me it would be a big help! Also, what kind of resistances are within spec?

BTW this is a 1G AWD Turbo talon

thanks,
John

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I measured the resistance using the above instructions.

when I first put the multimeter on some of the terminals then it would jump around quite a bit but then eventually settle to within spec.

just wondering if it is normal for a multimeter to jump around quite a bit at first then settle.

thanks,
John

Last edited by a moderator:
sure its normal, its your contact between your multimeter leads and the prongs on the connector causing the inital fluctuation untill you make 'good' contact.

Its what the end result is once it settles and you have a good clean contact/test point. Dirty, or bad connectings drastically increase resistance, and on many types of circuits in our cars this can cause improper readings, and on circuits with high(er) current, cause excessive heat/fire etc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back