The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support STM Tuned

Adjusting TPS.. HELP

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taylork057

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 13, 2006
Wilmington, North_Carolina
Okay guys i have been fixing little bugs in my car here and there, i have a BJs intake manifold and my tps sensor hits it when i try to adjust it to the correct settings. Its supposed to be a .62 or something around there, its at .38 becuase my cylinder #1 intake runner hits it:notgood: . is there an alternative to make it work, like a differnt style tps or maybe a spacer between the manifold and TB, but then tnhere will be another spot to leak boost.. any opinions would be appreciated

TPS should be at .5 give or take .02 volts.

Can you trim it or the manifold?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure how spacers would work. Perhaps some sort at the contact point, depending on which way it needs to go.

Can you post a pic. I have a stock manifold and can't picture how another would hit. Then again, I just realised you have a 2G. I'm not sure if the TPS is the same. Maybe a good time to pick up a 1G TB :)

xveganxcowboyx said:
Then again, I just realised you have a 2G. I'm not sure if the TPS is the same.
Nope, the 2G TPS has an internal IPS and you adjust it by where the IPS switches.

Steve

Thanks for searching, I get tired to looking up the like myself for these threads, that's the adjustment procedure from the FSM for a 2G with a 2G TPS. Doesn't matter if you have a 6 bolt or 7 bolt. If you have a 1G throttle body you have to understand the procedure and improvise.

For those that don't understand why the plymouthlaser procedure is incorrect for a 1G they can do a google search on voltage dividers and consider what happens when both the total resistance and voltage vary from device to device and car to car. If you use the right numbers and do the math you can set the 1G TPS by resistance but if you used some number off a web site all you can do is be somewhere in the ballpark.

Steve

I adjusted my 92 TB just recently because I'm getting really odd idling issues after having it rebuilt at throttlebodys.com. I set the TPS (2G TPS) resistance per the plymouthlaser site and my RPMs actually raised to 3k during idle. Now I'm running a 6bolt on my 2G so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do it differently for my situation. Also I think I need to adjust the Closed Throttle Switch (brand new with the rebuilt TB) and I think that is causing my high idle.

I set the TPS (2G TPS) resistance per the plymouthlaser site and my RPMs actually raised to 3k during idle. Now I'm running a 6bolt on my 2G so I'm not sure if I'm supposed to do it differently for my situation.

Try reading the post right above yours. It will answer several of your questions.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back