The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Starter wont engage?????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dberry

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Clarksville, Tennessee
Okay I just fully rebuilt my motor put it back in my car and my starter just spins like crazy, no grinding noise or hitting the flywheel, it simply doesn't engage, note that I do have a flywheel out if an awd model on my car but I'm pretty sure the starter should still engage eight???

I work at a parts store and both the all wheel drive and the front wheel drive models have the exact same starters.... so I really don't think the gearing is different, I compared the the awd with the fwd flywheel and the only difference is the awd has a heavier flywheel??????

Also keep in mind I have a 6 bolt motor bot a 7 bolt

awd flywheel is smaller. You must run a fwd flywheel. Drop the tranny. Surely this can be found with a search?

The starter plate is also different.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back