The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support STM Tuned

My First AWD Turbo!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GofaST4life

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 21, 2007
Medina 44256, Ohio
Whats up guys?

A few of you may have seen this thread: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/hangout/427961-3sgte.html

I picked up the car last night, and she is a beauty!

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Her first bath!

I'm very excited about this car, the platform and building it.

Took her out last evening and gave her a good run. I was very surprised by the power/torque still left in the stock system.

Picked her up for $2k. :thumb:

I'm the third owner, and I have a binder of maintenance receipts dating all the way back to 1995, when the stock turbo was replaced under warranty at 45k miles. Reading through it all was awesome, timing belt replacements, wheel bearings, struts, brakes, lines, clutch, flywheel, tires, oil changes, EVERYTHING!

Yes, she does need some simple maintenance, but overall, i'm loving this thing.

Aren't parts really hard to find for these? I have heard a lot of people say they are less reliable than a Dsm. Gl with the car.

Parts are all over the place for them. All the engine parts are the same as the mr2 turbo.

True, the after market is not nearly as large as the DSM scene. But I have been finding parts very easily.
Biggest issues when finding parts would be drive train components.

I've joined up on alltrac.net and 3sgte.net, and after talking to many about reliability, its very much compared to that of our DSMs. Treat the car well and stay up on your maintenance, she will last. A few guys are running stock blocks/heads with over 200k miles, and have not had any major problems.

New shoes and a the BOV and MBC setup.

The old Lando wants to smack the "new" Lando for this, but...needs a bit more low. ;)

Looks awesome, though.

I agree Lando.

Next season though. I wanted to get a good set of rubber and real wheel set to take advantage of the stock wide body. She looks awesome rolling down the road. Tires are so wide!

Coil overs next season for sure!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back