The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Who here actully thinks boxing is dying?

Is boxing dying?

• Yes

Votes: 14 73.7%
  • No

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazardous

Probationary Member
Nov 29, 2009
Boise, Washington
Im doing poll's around different forums... Anywhere from gaming forums to car forums, and fight forums themselves.

Feel free to discuss the topic as well.

MMA has taken the front seat in fighting sports...Boxing needs to catch up, they(boxing) don't have the events/fighters MMA does right now..

No bumping thats a major:nono: Give it time, you'll have a discussion on it...

Sorry about that... Bump.
NO bumping allowed in this site.

And don't be a smartass about it either.

I'll agree that MMA has taken a large amount of the spotlight away from the boxing scene. As much as I respect the sport of boxing, I do find MMA much more exciting and interesting to watch/follow. I don't think box will even die and cease to exist, but it has definitely died down a bit and become less mainstream.

^Handle your businessROFL:D:cool:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Please do not bump your thread again unless you have something meaningful to contribute to the discussion. And don't reply with another "sorry" or "okay" type reply either.

Boxing continues to decline because they can't get the best fighters to fight each other. Champs don't want to lose their belts so they rarely fight the top contenders right away. And people are tired of watching them fight nobodys. That's the biggest reason MMA and UFC are becoming more popular - the promoters actually do their jobs and set up big events regularly that people want to see.

There is also a lack of talent in boxing these days, for whatever reason. There is no "must see" boxer out there, well, maybe outside of Manny Pacquiao. But for boxing to return to its former glory, it needs more greats. Remember Sugar Ray Leonard fights? Those were entertaining. How about Mike Tyson? Foreman and Ali? You just don't have that anymore.

And lastly, MMA and UFC have a product that boxing doesn't - it's just more violent, and that's always going to sell better. I don't know how boxing gets around this one - maybe have them box to the death? LOL

I bump in every other forum and no one cares. Sorry. I thought he was joking.

Anyways, I think that boxing is assumed dead, because the popularity has declined, and people don't know all the great things that are going on right now. I dont have time to go into right now, but I will be back.

I bump in every other forum and no one cares. Sorry. I thought he was joking.

Anyways, I think that boxing is assumed dead, because the popularity has declined, and people don't know all the great things that are going on right now. I dont have time to go into right now, but I will be back.
Sorry if I came off as rude, but I thought you were blatantly breaking the 'no bumping' rule (and it really irks me when people do that).

This is an interesting topic to me though. More and more these days, we are seeing wrestlers and boxers leave their respective sport for a career in MMA. What keeps you in boxing and away from MMA?

Sorry if I came off as rude, but I thought you were blatantly breaking the 'no bumping' rule (and it really irks me when people do that).

This is an interesting topic to me though. More and more these days, we are seeing wrestlers and boxers leave their respective sport for a career in MMA. What keeps you in boxing and away from MMA?

Honestly. Im a young guy. I started out watching MMA. I kind of started losing interest in it, because to me personally it started to get repetitive, with who was fighting who.

I then started watching old RJJ and Tyson highlights, and I was hooked with the explosiveness, and quickness I just felt like MMA didnt offer.

I think it depends on who you ask. There are some die hard boxing fans and there are die hard mma fans. For me i am a huge mma fan. I order all the PPV watch it when its on tv. I think there is alot more skill and technique in mma than boxing, but that is my opinion.

I think it depends on who you ask. There are some die hard boxing fans and there are die hard mma fans. For me i am a huge mma fan. I order all the PPV watch it when its on tv. I think there is alot more skill and technique in mma than boxing, but that is my opinion.
There are more skills mixed into MMA, but very few are experts at them all, let alone one or two. Many of the best MMA fighters are really good at a couple skills, but not all. To be a good boxer, you need to be an expert at one skill - or a hell of a puncher like Tyson. Very few MMA fighters would be top boxers, and vice versa. They are different sports and you need to have different skills to dominate in each.

I miss the old days of boxing to be honest. Those were really fun events to watch. I think they were superior to the MMA events of today, but that's just me.

I think its pretty much impossible to become a master at all MMA fighting styles. One thing I like about MMA over boxing is the number of rounds. Seem like anytime I watch boxing the first 5 rounds are just dancing with jabs. While MMA you only have 3 or 5 rounds, the fighters come out more energetic and try to get up early on the scorecard.

I would have to agree Luda also, the top notch boxers never want to fight eachother. For example Mayweather and Pacquiao, all because of a drug test. :hmm: Each would have made loot on the fight either way, its obviously not about the money, more about the reputation in boxing.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back