The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Girlieracr4g63 (Wendy) Please Read - PICS ADDED

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

girlieracr4g63

15+ Year Contributor
Nov 5, 2003
Kure Beach, North_Carolina
Hi Guys and Gals,

My name is Brad Pate and I am the husband of Wendy Pate. I wanted to tell you guys about my wife at this point in her life. Yesterday she was diagnosised with liver cancer and if you know anything about that disease, it is terminal. The question was asked how long she would live and it was stated that they have seen people live another 2 years. Wendy went through cervical cancer back in Febuary and Chemo/ Radiation the whole gammet. The cancer spread through her lymph nodes to her liver. We have 3 boys. 18, 10, 2.

Wendy I beleive is a pioneer in the DSM world. She held the record for quickest big16 fwd no nos record. 12.1 @116 / 4 years ago. She got preggers and of course had to quit over 3 years ago. Then the cancer, started to get the car back together. Her goal has been to run a 10 second in her fwd.

Reason for this post:

I beleive we as a DSM community can make this happen for her before she leaves us. I have contacted Wier Automotive of Leland NC W.A.R. Wier Automotive Racing. They have agreed to do all the shop work required to get the car together. Big thanks to them! I know there are shops or vendors out that that would love to be part of this progect. I have the majority of the items. I am asking for time, maybe a trailor when the progect is done to get her to Englishtown, NJ to run the car, parts to make the car faster. Wendy did get to go to the Showdown at Englishtown this past weekend. That is one thing she wanted. She got a pic with Kiggly and his 1st place showdown outlaw FWD!

I challenge any shop, vendor, parts house to get this car into the 10s for my wife. I will sticker the car with your decal and you can be a part of history. There is going to be a big write up on this!

I can be contacted at (910)368-1104 cell # or via email at [email protected]

Thank you for everything guys and gals,

Link added for build progress, listed below.

http://gallery.me.com/stevestrzempek#100110

Best wishes,
Brad Pate

Last edited:
Brad,

So sorry to hear about Wendy. I remember her posting here a lot a couple years ago. God bless you, her, and the rest of your family. I'm praying for her that she will make it to the track once the car is finished.

-Erik Huesman

This WILL be a no BS thread, people. Wendy is a great person with the best demeanor you could ask for.

Sorry to hear that man. Can you post a picture of her car? Generally speaking I would love to see a FWD run in the 10's, hope to see it happen

Our Prayers are with you and your family.
Best of Luck
~NWDSM

My prayers are with you and your family. I hope that some shops can help you out, I wish I could.
If possible, maybe try posting a list of the parts you think you might need? I'm sure that me as well as everyone else on here would be more than happy to try to help you out if we have the parts.

Best wishes to the family and wendy. Good luck bro, and keep your head up like a soldier at all times.

i may not know you or your wife(sound like great people), but she is now my idle. i have always wanted to set records with a fwd 1g, but never had the timer or money to do it. my grandpa passed away a little less than a year ago from cancer, lived with it for 3 years. and i hope your wife makes it longer, and wish you guys the best of luck. im srry to hear the bad news, but hang in there. and do whatever you need to, to make her dream come true! stay strong guys!

Thank you so much for the replies!!!!

I have been contacted by the following and would like to thank them for their support.

W.A.R. Wier Automotive Racing- Providing the services needed to get car together.

National Speed- Dyno time

Boost Boys and Girls Racing- Getting parts together

This has been an overwhelming response and I am grateful! At this point she still knows nothing about this project that we DSMers are doing for her. You guys are the greatest! I just cant express how messed up it is to loose my best friend!

Best Wishes,
Brad Pate

Wow! I am really sorry to hear about your wife. My thoughts and prayers go out to your family. If I could I would be there to help build the car and get it to the track. Good luck and stay strong.

man that sucks so bad im really sorry to hear about that. I remember her car back when i lived in NC. id be more than happy to donate to a fund or somthing if you set up a paypal thing. best of luck to you both.:dsm:

Best of luck! Hope the best! Best wishes Ian!

I wanted to thank Chris for sending this out to the vendors. Otherwise many of us would have missed this in our routine sweeps of the boards.

Brad & Wendy our prayers are with you, we will be in touch shortly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back