The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Ebay Turbo Failure Poll!!

Your turbo failed in how many years?

• Ebay 16g - less than 2 years

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ebay 20g variants - less than 2 years

• Ebay 20g variants - less than 5 years

• Ebay Holset HX40 - less than 1 year

• Ebay Holset HX40 - less than 2 years

• Ebay Holset HX40 - less than 5 years

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayRolla

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 23, 2006
Colorado Spring, Colorado
Ok here is it. A poll for people have had a failed or successful turbo. If you want me to add a turbo just post a reply and I will add it. These are the main ones I think people use.

I just got the poll posted in this thread so thats most likely less than 1 year. My buddy had one fail in almost a year. 20psi max ran. Just got real noisy and started to smoke. Lots of end play was present. Had to take it off and go back to an run down 14b that still worked better.

Man I dont know how to edit my Poll. I wanted the 4th option to be "Turbo is still boostin 1+ years" so we can compare failures to success stories. Maybe a mod or admin can change this for me??

ebay evo3 16g less than 5k miles on it only run at 20psi, blowing oil and plenty of shaft play.
I now run a real MHI 16g and seems to be holding up great and actually spools a little quicker.

i have a rebuilt 16g i got from jusmx141 (i know kinda not the same) i have over 11000 miles on it at 14psi no shaft play and gret spool. but it failed previously but not on my car.

Had an ebay EVO III 16g, lasted a couple hundred miles. Saw between 10 and 12 psi. I'll never but an ebay "brand" turbo again....

Hahahaha "an ebay Brand turbo" hahahaha I never knew Ebay was forging their own turbos now!!!

The name of this thread should be CHINA turbo's NOT Ebay turbos....I can go buy a Holset hx35 on ebay right now...Or a Garrett gt35r....does that make them junk ass "EBAY TURBOS"??

You guys need to understand Ebay is Just an outlet to buy stuff. They dont MAKE things...So If you're being a cheap ass and you go on ebay and buy a 180 dollar china 16g that is your own fault. If you have the money you can get on ebay and buy a 1000 dollar Borg and Warner....so really ebay is full of choices... and if the choice you make is to go cheap, then that is your own fault.

Dont forget...I could buy 4 china turbos for the price of some of these high end turbos. So Im sure those 4 would out last the one expensive one. Im not defending them...im just making a point that you get what you pay for.

got about 4k miles out of my china 16g. It was running great until I parked it to do some other work on the car. When I was done, I started the car and it poured out smoke. Pulled the turbo, full of oil....not a lot of shaft play though.

had a evoIII 16g from "turbo xs" or some shit that was stamped on it from ebay....ran for 2years on an avenger v6 and then for 9 months on my tsi boosting about 17psi with NO shaft play or oil problems....guess its one of the good ones

I installed an Ebay turbo on a friends car. He pushes 18-20 psi and has had the turbo on his car for about 20k.

No shaft play or oil problems here either!

had ebay 50trim on mine with about 3-400 miles and started smoking so i checked it and to no supprise it had some major shaft play in and out and up and down!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back