The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Help needed identifying these jerry rigged plugs!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SubversionX

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 8, 2010
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Hey so, I've almost got 'er running again. But now I'm finding all these wires that the previous owner mashed and twisted together. None of them are soldered or heat shrunk, and it's incredibly difficult identifying where they even lead to. So, I'm not sure whether or not the pictures will even do any justice, but I figured i'd give it a shot.

First pic: A tube with black, blue, and red wiring coming from it. When I discovered it, two of them were capped off and the other was the only one exposed. I don't believe this has any significance.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Next Pic: Has a constant 12VDC to it. NO idea what it goes to..

Next Pic: Not electrical, but another questionable piece. I've seen this in other cars too, and was wondering what the heck it is!

Thanks for all your support!

well that hose goes to you intake. do you have a stock intake pipe?.

those wires im not sure. maybe some more pics of your engine bay will help us see what you have going on

Does this help? That stray wire with the continuous 12VDC is really weird. When I've got the battery hooked up, it doesn't show any charge, but with just the positive lead from the battery, it shows 12VDC. I haven't been able to trace it, but it's taped to the same harness leading to the cam angle sensor

Still have no idea what those three wires lead to; red, black, and blue with red stripe??

I've got an after market intake; what does the other end of that tube lead to?

I'm really stuck right now. I'm not getting any spark and I'm wondering if one of these things has something to do with it. As well, my cam position sensor was smoking the other week, and I was told that if I'm not getting any spark, it may be because of this? Is that true? I've checked the continuity and resistance of the coil packs and power transistor, and they both check out. Auto electronic systems are still very foreign to me and I really need a lot of help!!!

Here's some more pics if it helps. Thanks!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back