The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

4G63 rat rod dyno=800.3hp 556tq

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biglady112

15+ Year Contributor
May 20, 2004
Commerce City, Colorado
2.0 4G63
9.2:1 custom Arias pistons
Pauter connecting rods
TH400 transmission
Holset HX52
44psi
Dsmlink
1150cc primaries
6-1600cc secondaries
Magnafuel mechanical fuel pump
GSC S3 cams
Bone stock cylinder head(no porting)
1G non-turbo throttle body
Stock 1G intake manifold, no porting
L19's@110lb/ft
Mitsubishi four layer head gasket(no orings)
BR10ES pulgs at .020" gap
Accel wires
Accel Ford coil
Stock ignitor

800hp 556tq corrected
640hp 445tq uncorrected at 6100ft

The videos are very long as I don't know how to edit nor did I take the videos. One shows the truck from the front at 41psi, the other is the 44psi pull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77KObjt2VQM&feature=youtube_gdata_player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CovWhqQNTSg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Holy shit! A 4G63 rat rod?! Thats ####ing awesome!!!!!!

Impressive power too =D

That's super cool! Build log!!

That was the point. No magic parts here.

It is a Rev-Hard. HKS is very curvy and shaped much different.

It is finished.

It runs 13 gallons of coolant. That is the tunnel for the shifter. It is 3ft tall.

Not trying to be a dick, I do like you but how in the f*ck do you hook up those tires at 800whp? I have issues with wheel spin on our dyno with heavy cars at 400 whp. The build is baller regardless and I love the position of the secondaries.

Not trying to be a dick, I do like you but how in the f*ck do you hook up those tires at 800whp? I have issues with wheel spin on our dyno with heavy cars at 400 whp. The build is baller regardless and I love the position of the secondaries.

Ever rode in a 700+whp 'rod? I have. No traction at ALL. One of the scariest things ive done. never again. Never been in a 4g powered hot rod LOL, cause theres only one apparently but i would guess it gets slightly better traction than a bbc with 8lbs of supercharger on it. The torque is crazy and the cars barely weigh anything

There was only one run where it spun after 10 hours on the dyno. There is some safety stuff I have to redo with the steering, so it will be a while before I can really push it on the street. I am trying to buy another home, so that is what is next on my plate. I am likely going to move to a 4-5" wide tire front and back for that rat rod "look". While I am sure 5" tires will never hook, it will still be a blast to drive and will have the look I have pictures in my head. But the way it spools the turbo when the secondaries turn on, I am sure these tires will have problems as well anyway.

I have $400 wrapped up into machining and welding the manifold and hotpipe for the rails and injector bungs. I helped design and machine them with my welder that helps me with all my aluminum work. There is no way I could get a manifold, someone's rails and lower bungs and a throttle body for anywhere near that price. I know the stock throttle body and manifold are a bottleneck, but that is twice now I have made over 800whp with them, and it is hard to spend $1500-2500 on someone else's equipment, when I can make my own and be proud that I built it and have it succeed for pennies.

Let see the Dyno sheet in hp/tq vs rpm. I want to see how laggy that turbo is. I have been seeing a lot of hypes about the hx52 but no one want to post a nice dyno sheet of it in action. What correction factor did you use to make 800hp. Dang that is most difference between corrected and uncorrected I have seen. Thanks for keeping it real by posting the uncorrected value too.

Let see the Dyno sheet in hp/tq vs rpm. I want to see how laggy that turbo is. I have been seeing a lot of hypes about the hx52 but no one want to post a nice dyno sheet of it in action. What correction factor did you use to make 800hp. Dang that is most difference between corrected and uncorrected I have seen. Thanks for keeping it real by posting the uncorrected value too.

We have both posted sheets, try some searching. :thumb: They come on real hard and fast down here near sea level. This is a GT42 sized snail, in case you forgot.

How much "hype" could there be? How many people even run an HX52 at the moment? 5-6?

He is at altitude, hence the massive differential when corrected

Or you could just watch the two videos. The dyno screen is clearly shown in each video. It shows what you are asking for.

1.20-1.21 correction factor that day.

Everyone seems to be overlooking the fact that I did this through a very large automatic transmission. Very parasitic.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back