The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

492hp HY35 dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxness

10+ Year Contributor
Mar 6, 2011
Chesapeake, Virginia
I just got my car put back together from spending quite a bit of money. I bid goodbye to my 7 bolt, and put in a stock 6 bolt block to pair with my 2g head. I swapped my 20g for something a little more pump gas friendly, a T3 HY35 from JusMX141 :thumb:

My goal the entire time I've owned my car was to hit 500hp without taking forever to hit full boost. Without going to a HUGE turbo, I knew that wasn't going to happen on pump gas (93 oct), so I opted for a daily tune on 93, and a race gas tune on 110 octane for the track.

Below are my results. My profile mods list is up to date if you want to know every little detail. Tuned by David Aguado AKA Chicken :D He's the man that tied this all together and I'm VERY happy.

I know she only hit 492, but it was 95 degrees outside and there was a couple gallons of 93 mixed with the race gas. So with 100% race gas in the tank and a bit more timing, I'm confident she'll hit 500 without a problem.

The dyno was also being a pain in the behind about logging torque :notgood: But I'll just wait until a dyno day comes around and grab those when I aim for my 500hp graph.

438hp on 93 octane, 28psi
492hp on 110 octane, 32psi

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/tCp-vr3cT1g?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Last edited:
Yea, 335hp/299tq out of that 20g didn't sit well with me, LOL

I found some video of some runs on the dyno where the torque was reading, and it made atleast 417 ft. lbs. at 478hp on 110 oct. After that, the tach pickup started messing up.

Thanks guys, I'm VERY proud :D

500whp, stock 6-bolt with a stock head and intake manifold, and an entire turbo setup that cost less than most guys pay for a tune....what's not to love? :D

Awesome work, Mrs. Jax. :applause:

Its a mildly ported/polished head, with Kelford 272s, Evo 8 valvetrain and 2g lifters.

But no oversized valves yet, LOL

Not bad for hy35, my friend here made 515-520ishwhp on his hx35 at 30psi on e85 so your not far off. I never messed with race gas always prefere e85/98, what brand race gas did you use? Maybe would made 500whp if a/f was like 11.5 or 12.0? Not sure to much results on race gas but I would assume you would get little more power leaning it out, but I wouldn't go leaner then that. Seems like you really want that 500hp mark but I am sure you will get it.

Great numbers. Two things, first being you need to update your site! Secondly, was your 20g #s, with the 6 bolt intake on the 7 bolt head? If so, was it just stuck on, or was it port matched?

I just want to say that im glad your new setup is working for you and I know you can see 500 with it easy haha... also your car is very NICE im jealous

Yeah I seen the text you sent so I decided to sign in and check out her whip and I have to say she is making one mean machine with a sexy look LOL

Great numbers. Two things, first being you need to update your site! Secondly, was your 20g #s, with the 6 bolt intake on the 7 bolt head? If so, was it just stuck on, or was it port matched?

20g numbers were on my 7 bolt block & head, and 1g manifold. Port matched

I just want to say that im glad your new setup is working for you and I know you can see 500 with it easy haha... also your car is very NICE im jealous

I LOVE this turbo, thank you :) and I appreciate you getting back to me whenever I had questions.

I did try leaning out the car some. However because the heatsoak was so bad just kept getting some knock. We would let it sit for a while and nothing. IAT's and temps were just not friendly. So by adding some fuel we got away with an extra 20ish whp. If not we were hitting a wall at 470ish.

Good numbers Jax!

This is why dyno tuning is so important, had David been street tuning the car you'd have had no idea that richening things up netted 20whp. I wouldn't get too caught up on hitting 500whp Jax, even though it's definitely do-able, it's the numbers that light up at the end of the track that matter most.

:dsm:

3rd or 4th gear for the pulls

3rd gear

I did try leaning out the car some. However because the heatsoak was so bad just kept getting some knock. We would let it sit for a while and nothing. IAT's and temps were just not friendly. So by adding some fuel we got away with an extra 20ish whp. If not we were hitting a wall at 470ish.

Chicken, GET SOME SLEEP, LOL

Good numbers Jax!

This is why dyno tuning is so important, had David been street tuning the car you'd have had no idea that richening things up netted 20whp. I wouldn't get too caught up on hitting 500whp Jax, even though it's definitely do-able, it's the numbers that light up at the end of the track that matter most.

I've always had a 500hp goal over a track time goal. I like the 1/4 mile, but I like auto-x more, so she'll see a bit of both. If I really cared about the time at the end of the track, I would have to gut my interior and take the system/box out of my trunk, haha. And I think it'll be more about trap speed than time, because 1st-3rd gear are useless, LOL.

Good numbers Jax!

I can't stress enough the importance of dyno tuning either. Some people just don't want to spend the money to do it which I don't get. Can't cheap out if you want to make power.
3rd gear

Chicken, GET SOME SLEEP, LOL

I've always had a 500hp goal over a track time goal. I like the 1/4 mile, but I like auto-x more, so she'll see a bit of both. If I really cared about the time at the end of the track, I would have to gut my interior and take the system/box out of my trunk, haha. And I think it'll be more about trap speed than time, because 1st-3rd gear are useless, LOL.
Sleep? Look at the time and I'm still up. Just got back from another tune and still got tons of stuff to do. Yeah, so where were we? Ahhh, sleep...

How were the IAT's on the HY35 compared to the 20G?

430fwhp on 93 @ 28psi doesn't sound too terribly bad. But for an HY35 that seems a little...not low...but lower than I would expect.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back