The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

2g Auto S256 Update - 465awhp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VETDRMS

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 1, 2006
Vancouver, Washington
Finally got it back on the dyno to make some E85 runs before I move. Certainly going to miss being less than 10 minutes from the English Racing shop. Many thanks to everyone there for all the help and advice over the years, Aaron especially.

Nothing has changed on the setup from before when it made 443awhp but we stopped at 25psi and 15* of timing before and I thought there might be a little more in it.

We started out again at 25psi and 15* but it was spinning on the rollers so after airing down the tires and giving them a nice coat of belt dressing it stuck like glue, literally.

It responded to adding 1* of timing from 4000 up and then we adjusted the boost up a little but it looks like I am out of turbo as power started dropping off past 7000rpm with more boost so we stopped at about 27psi. We then added 1* of timing for a total timing of 17*. It didn't pick up at all under 7000rpm but it did above and that's where we left it.

No tricks or anything for power, just normal street mode: air filter was on, full exhaust, recirculated wastegate..etc. AFRs were around 12:1, down to 11.5:1 above 7k. It is making great power through the auto and is a blast to drive. It really can be used as a commuter as is, which was the goal.

There are 10,500 miles on the motor now and it still has very little blowby, which is evident in the videos. The stock rubber motor mounts move a TON even with the front poly stopper. I have a set of poly mounts but the vibration is too annoying.

Here is the last pull of 465awhp @ 27psi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0IVRCMD7mI&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here is a longer 3rd gear pull before coating the tires with belt dressing (still slipped in 3rd):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezD1xDQ3GEo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Unfortunately I don't think I'll have a chance to make a full pass on it before moving, but it is going back to the dyno tomorrow night for some pump gas tuning and pulls. I haven't ran pump through it in over a year and it is not that pump friendly so expectations are low.

I will post a graph once I get one.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back