The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

Force Engineering 2GB Talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

viperlp01

15+ Year Contributor
Oct 9, 2006
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Thought I would post up a vid of my small dyno session yesterday. I will update this as I get the boost turned up. Car is making decent power for the amount of airflow. This video is revving to 8k and 36ish psi.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juzliyakVJs[/ame]

I will post a dyno chart tomorrow after I get the boost up.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7wDxfYSK1s[/ame]

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Having boost taper issues. Boost spikes to 48ish and falls to 42ish. That is why the torque falls.

Last edited:
Shouldn't there be a lot more steam left in that thing? That seems like not much hp for such a large turbo? Didn't Paul's setup make close to that with a 16g and 60? Reason I ask is because I want to run a similar setup. Thanks

Auto is the answer to your question. The auto's read 15-20% lower on dyno's than stick cars, Paul also dyno'd FWD as well on a dynojet(which reads 8-13% higher than a mustang).

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people keep missing out that the big turbo is moving all that air at low boost.. small turbo is for spool and getting on the converter, big turbo is for power guys.

Can scarcely imagine how often you get these questions in person LOL

Most people don't even realize the small, but when they do its a line of questions.

Shoot it is just getting started. I will go until it don't make any more power... The engine will handle it, the trans will handle it, I need some magnus magic for the tcase, and I have Paul Volks subframe in the rear to keep that all in check. It will be rowdy at 55-60psi

Yeah, I know the turbos are good for it. I'm just wrapping my head around the sheer volume of air that is being hate fvcked into that tiny little four cylinder. And yet, it takes it like a champ. I love it! :hellyeah:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back