The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

HX35 pump gas dyno

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GSXbooster

Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2003
Centennial, Colorado
I plan to road race with my car. It was tuned very conservatively, ZERO knock.

Setup:
Wiseco/Scat 2.0
stock head - stock cams
1g throttle body & Evo III intake manifold
ARPs

Holset HX35 7-blade
BEP .55 bolt-on housing
FP Race manifold
Tial 38mm / Punishment racing recirc o2 housing

FIC 1250cc
Walbro 255 hp

Numbers:

370whp & 343 torque

Full spool - 23 psi around 33-3500rpm.
91 octane pump gas.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Very nice. Glad to see some numbers up. Im planning on the same setup, except ill be running delta h272s. What was your mass air and idcs at?

E85, 272 camshafts and Forced Performance's FP30 style turbine housing are in the plans. But I'm loving this turbo in this configuration so far!

Very fast spooling turbos for how big they are and what they are capable of flowing. I am happy :D

What's your compression ratio?

8.3:1 wiseco standard pistons

Very nice. Glad to see some numbers up. Im planning on the same setup, except ill be running delta h272s. What was your mass air and idcs at?

I'll post up the log once I get it from Mac Autosport. I didn't log on my laptop.

Thats cool. Im still waiting on my cams to get here, and im ordering link this week. Ill be running the stock turbo on my auto until i get used to link and get some other odds and ends squared away. In the meantime im saving my holset money LOL

E85, 272 camshafts and Forced Performance's FP30 style turbine housing are in the plans. But I'm loving this turbo in this configuration so far!

Very fast spooling turbos for how big they are and what they are capable of flowing. I am happy :D

8.3:1 wiseco standard pistons

With those changes listed, I see 500+awhp at around 35-38psi EASY!

Good numbers! Can't wait to see what the HX35 will do with my evo piston setup in a stalled auto car.

Not bad at all!! Whats the peak timing?! Air flow?? This makes me feel all fuzzy inside.. Cams and e85 for sure!!

I was seeing ~ 52 lbs a min at 26psi, 9* of timing on 93 oct with my 7 blade hx35 last summer. However I was on 272 cams and the t3 stock turbine housing.

This makes me happy. You have pretty much the same setup as me. Minus the intake, but I think my 272s and crower springs should make up for that, and we have 93 oct :p.

I'd try the E85 and 272's before swapping out the turbine housing. Those two alone should be more than enough to make another 150hp without increasing spool time.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back