The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

1GS(T) dynoed (Evo3 16G)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snooopy365

20+ Year Contributor
Jan 25, 2003
XX, Europe
Hey guys,
after my first turboed 1G got crashed before I got my lazy ass anywhere near a dyno.

Now my new Eclipse GS finally made it.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

~300hp (284.8whp)@6500rpm
367Nm @4200-5500rpm (271lb-ft)

But I`m very dissapointed! My Wastegate Accurator is making fun of me.
I wanted the car to run 25psi.
The stock WGA wasn`t able to hold it, so I got an 18psi WGA.
That thing is working like a charm when I test it manualy.

When I drive the car, boost regulates to 27psi?
After a few days I could find anything wrong, so I said: #### it and tuned the car for 27psi.

I did run 27psi until it was driven to the dyno? It suddenly decieded to work like it should, so boost dropped to 18psi.
I really hoped for 350+hp @27psi :(

And because I know you guys like videos:
GS (T) @Klasen-Dynojet - YouTube

Last but not least a few technical infos to get an idea of my car.

It is an 1993 Eclipse GS EURO model, so stock 150hp and ugly popuplights.
Installed a VR4 block, with wiseco pistons and eagle rods.
No BS.
Ported Evo3 exhaustmanifold
Ported Evo3 turbo
272° FP2 cams
custom 2.5" exhaust (very quite as you can hear in the video)
850ccm FIC +255lph walbro + E85
AFPR
Stock GS head and stock intakemanifold+TB
Evo7 Ecu with custom maps
AEM wideband
Blitz DSBC (wasn`t used because of the WGA trouble)
cheap FMIC
cheap big oilcooler

Its my first car I ever tuned myself and here in germany is nobody that really have a clue about tuning DSMs.
Timing in the run was about 21-25°
Lambda 0.9-0.8 (no I'm not writing some gasonline calibrated AFRs when running E85, that just isn`t right!).

Hope you enjoy my daily driven DSM.

And just because you guys can not test it:
A DSM is supprisingly stable at high Autobahnspeeds (170mph is the fastes I tried yet, small tuning problems scared me of keeping the pedal floored any more).

Pop-ups are extremely sexy.

Other than that, on E85, timing in the 21-25* range, even at only 18psi 280fwhp seems a little low to me, especially on a built motor with cams. I'm not going to bother converting lambda to AFR's though, so :p.

Car looks great though, and sounds good.

We can drive fast here just not legally. Ive had mine up over 150 many times. Starts to get a little scary going that fast but your probably used to it over there. Put an evo 5th gear in and you might be able to hit 200.

The car wasn't actually tuned for running 18psi. I also did a quick and dirty tune before dynoday. So I'm sure that quick an dirty tune left a few horses home.

@Ineedboostman:
I also did 150mph in the US, but 150 and 170 is nearly the same. I would not suggest to do speeds over 150mph if you never drove more than 120mph for a long period of time.

There is a good reason why most cars are limited to 150mph.
That speed is still considered as "save". More than 150mph does wear you out in a short period of time.

You also can not do this on the Autobahn in traffic. Yes its allowed but suicidal.
And the main problem with doing 150+mph in a DSM is that this cars are not designed for such speed.
You will not realize that the car is stable or unstable as long as you didn't turn the car at this speeds.

back to the topic.
on my todolist are slightly bigger tires.
I don't want to hit 200mph.
Reason is simple: we have the metric system.
So here cars faster than 300km/h are considered: Fastest class of roadcars.
That is "only" 186mph and I should reach this without an longer 5. gear.

But to be fair, I already know a friend with a few evo1-2-3 gears laying around

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back