The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

1G FWD 405hp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TurboAnything

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 6, 2004
Carol Stream, Illinois
I went to the dyno last week to finish the car but after tuning a buddies honda it was late so i only got 1 baseline run in to 7000rpm with no tuning.

Ended up with 405hp and 317tq at 24psi with the numbers climbing almost vertical at 7000rpm so i think this is going to be a top end monster.

2.0 aluminum rod,JE piston 9.0cr
cleaned up 1g head ss valves std size,FP beehive valvesprings,FP4R cams,JMF race manifold
Megan racing T3 manifold with 38mm wastegate added
ITS T-61BB
AWD 5-speed trans with Locking LSD converted to FWD
AMS FMIC 2.5in piping
1600cc injectors,255 walbro, ECMlink V3 SD, E85

YouTube - R&D auto talon dyno

This run was the alignment pull only to 5000rpm.

YouTube - RnD automotives fwd

Last edited:
E85 stock lines until the the filter. I have a horribly low flowing golan filter with the filter element removed. -6 line to the rail and a rewired 255 in the tank.

Holy crap, your lucky that thing didn't fall off the dyno!

Look at the position of the wheel, it should be directly on the top peak of the dyno drum, its on like the back 3/4 !!

Awesome job- similar goal to what I'm shooting for with my '92 TSi FWD once it's complete.

Just throwin' this out there, O.P.- always list your basic mods in the first post as well so they're etched in stone in this thread....that way, years from now when people surf across this thread and check out your profile which will have undoubtedly changed, they won't be puzzled. :thumb:

FP4R's are a little big for that size turbo. Are you planning on upgrading in the future?

Why are FP4Rs to big for a 72lb/min turbo?

72LB/MIN?? Hmmm.. Wow. Did you log 72lb/min?? T61's are usually good 50-60lb/min depending on who makes them. Not saying it is impossible but I have yet to see it. FP4R's make nasty topend power so I would assume you would upgrade the turbo to a larger unit considering the flow limitations of that turbo. Not bashing your set-up, I was just curious. But now that I think about it, a larger set-up in a FWD will make for a crazier ride then you already have:thumb: At any rate man, good luck with the set-up and tuning.

I was wondering if you had a chance to get back on the dyno and see if you could get bigger numbers yet....I know you were looking to tune so I thought I'd ask..

72LB/MIN?? Hmmm.. Wow. Did you log 72lb/min?? T61's are usually good 50-60lb/min depending on who makes them. Not saying it is impossible but I have yet to see it. FP4R's make nasty topend power so I would assume you would upgrade the turbo to a larger unit considering the flow limitations of that turbo. Not bashing your set-up, I was just curious. But now that I think about it, a larger set-up in a FWD will make for a crazier ride then you already have:thumb: At any rate man, good luck with the set-up and tuning.

When I looked up a T61 comp map it shows the island going to around 72 lbs/min. That was at a very high pressure ratio but i plan to let the turbo make full boost. By the time i am done tuning it I am thinking i will see 44-46psi with the wastegate getting just full pressure to the upper port on the gate.

This wheel measures 61mm inducer with a 92mm exducer. That is larger then a GT40 compressor.

What size is the turbine housing?

What kind of numbers do you think you guys will get out of this combination? I am guessing BIG;)

Well see now i think the turbo is already on its way out as it is developing some shaft play.

Well see now i think the turbo is already on its way out as it is developing some shaft play.

Damn, sorry to hear man. I'm sure whatever you put on there next will surpass your current set-up:sneaky:

Would you recommend me to use those injectors? I heard they are near impossible to tune, what dead times are you running with them?

I do not mind the 1600cc injectors. The main problem is trying to keep the INJ pulse width above 2ms. I also have to keep the computer locked in open loop or my daily driving is very rough.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back