The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Welcome me to 500hp club!!! bw s259

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keltalon

Supporting VIP
Jun 29, 2003
Luthersville Ga, Atlanta, Georgia
Went to the dyno today with new injectors and intercooler and made some very good numbers with the bw 259. 504.2hp 472.5tq the car rocks:hellyeah: dynoed the car full tank e85 @30psi. I will post a log later! The power is certainly in the dover cylinder head!

Attachments

• kelvin 504.bmp
    150.1 KB · Views: 1,018
yah that looks pretty crazy. now you need to change your profiles wish list that says you want 450HP

Wow I bet your car is completely uncontrollable from 4k-4.5k, 150hp/tq jump! That's insane.

you just dont know! Its insane from 4000rpm to freakin redline. The car pulls like no other car i have ever owned. I tried to do a 70 to 90 but all the car does is spin. I think the road to 500whp has been a journey and I have enjoyed every bit of it;)

you just dont know! Its insane from 4000rpm to freakin redline. The car pulls like no other car i have ever owned. I tried to do a 70 to 90 but all the car does is spin. I think the road to 500whp has been a journey and I have enjoyed every bit of it;)

Update those dyno numbers!
And I can't wait to get my BW.

sounds like some nice numbers,what fuel set up are you running?

pte 1200cc injectors
rewired walbro 255
controlled by dsmlink

here's my log egt's maxed out at 1550 degrees,

Attachments

• 504.2hp 472.5tq e85 30psi.dat
    38.2 KB · Views: 220
Damn, that turbo ramps up real fast and good spool for what its capable of.
Great numbers!

Damn, that turbo ramps up real fast and good spool for what its capable of.
Great numbers!

Must be the hks 264 cams:D Can't really say. All i can say is the turbo hits hard! check out this log I did this morning. After the log I said you know what I need to hit the dyno today :sneaky::sneaky: spinning in 3rd and 4th!

Attachments

• 140mph pull.dat
    59.3 KB · Views: 188
I told you!!! Congrats... Now I need to go I will be going back for another shot at the title soon. With the new mods.

You wouldn't believe what was holding the turbo back:aha: my exhaust system was too restrictive so we reworked it and ;)! I ran a very conservative timing curve didn't won't to risk breaking something. I can say that the turbo does have a whole lot left in it:thumb:

It does. Wait tell you turn it up to 35psiROFL. Ask me how I know. What are your IDCs? Im running twin wally in tank set up. With the Blue Max I was seeing around 71%-75% IDc @30psi

Someone wanna give me the quick meaning of IDC?
Thanks. Just want to follow along with how this BW is tuned for future plans.

It does. Wait tell you turn it up to 35psiROFL. Ask me how I know. What are your IDCs? Im running twin wally in tank set up. With the Blue Max I was seeing around 71%-75% IDc @30psi

75% to 80%@30psi

Someone wanna give me the quick meaning of IDC?
Thanks. Just want to follow along with how this BW is tuned for future plans.

Injector Duty Cycle.It is a measure of how hard your injectors are working. If they are 100% they are maxed out. Typically you dont want to run your injectors past 80-85% injector duty cycle. Im sure plenty of us including my self have went way past 95% IDCs.

Those 264s really let it hit hard. Please tell me you got some vids???

No:banghead: I didn't plan on the dyno today. I was in the area and just decided to stop and do it. We did't tune the car or anything just strapped it down and ran it with no adjustments what so ever.

Good numbers but theres alot of problems I see with your log, specially the fuel trims. They need alot of work! Also you have alot of room for improvement with the timing numbers, specially "under the curve", you can easily make the turbo spool quicker by adding more peak timing from the 4k-5k area, this will net more hp, and higher tq numbers. Also im assuming your using a maf-t and gm maf, goto misc tab. on dsmlink (ecu/logfile) and check the ignore iat/baro, this must be done when converting to a gm maf-t setup. Use Jeffgst.com page to reference on how to dial in fuel trims, the car WILL RUN MUCH BETTER. Good numbers, theres alot more left in it!

You wouldn't believe what was holding the turbo back:aha: my exhaust system was too restrictive so we reworked it

Way to go that's super!
Could you describe what change you made in the exhaust system - before and after?

Looks like about 240 whp already at 4000 rpm - that's unreal for a turbo that big on a 2 liter. It is still a 2 liter isn't it? Must be those 264 cams.
Guess I'll have to install dsmLink V2 so I can read your logs. Or else you could go buy V3 - that would be much easier! ROFL

Way to go that's super!
Could you describe what change you made in the exhaust system - before and after?

Looks like about 240 whp already at 4000 rpm - that's unreal for a turbo that big on a 2 liter. It is still a 2 liter isn't it? Must be those 264 cams.
Guess I'll have to install dsmLink V2 so I can read your logs. Or else you could go buy V3 - that would be much easier! ROFL

Airflow readings will be off from an improperly tuned airflow sliders (which is evident). Once he gets that dialed in the car will be near perfect and logs should be looking alot better.

Good numbers but theres alot of problems I see with your log, specially the fuel trims. They need alot of work! Also you have alot of room for improvement with the timing numbers, specially "under the curve", you can easily make the turbo spool quicker by adding more peak timing from the 4k-5k area, this will net more hp, and higher tq numbers. Also im assuming your using a maf-t and gm maf, goto misc tab. on dsmlink (ecu/logfile) and check the ignore iat/baro, this must be done when converting to a gm maf-t setup. Use Jeffgst.com page to reference on how to dial in fuel trims, the car WILL RUN MUCH BETTER. Good numbers, theres alot more left in it!

Thanks for the tips! I am still using stock mas. I will be putting the airflow sliders back to zero to see if i can try and bring my fuel trims back inline. :thumb:

Way to go that's super!

Yeah still a 2 literLOL Yeah tuning needs to be tweaked. v2 will eventually will be replace. As far as the exhaust is concerned we totally took the old exhaust off and professionally remade it. No cat;) The old exhaust was done by a shade tree buddy of mine the pipes came together very poorly hurting performance badly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back