The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

AMS Automatic Mirage Makes 826 WHP!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scottr126

15+ Year Contributor
May 24, 2003
CHICAGO, Illinois
Today I finally got the Mirage on the dyno. Last weekend I took the car to the track and it threw a rocker and destroyed a cam on the first pass. I put a new set of GSC S3's in and was pleasantly surprised with the results. It made 826 whp and 492 tq. uncorrected. In standard correction it was about 845 whp. The car overall feels really strong and I should be going to the track soon..

<embed src="http://videos.streetfire.net/vidiac.swf" FlashVars="video=bd5a5c61-ecb3-4ea7-9c9a-9bf001275a1f" quality="high" allowFullScreen="true" bgcolor="#ffffff" width="428" height="352" name="ePlayer" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer"></embed><br /><a href="http://videos.streetfire.net/video/AMS-Auto-AWD-4G63-Mirage_647629.htm">AMS 1994 Mitsubishi Mirage, AWD Automatic, AMS Built Engine, AMS VSR Intake Manifold, AMS GT42R Turbo Kit, IPT Transmission and Torque Converter, Sparktech Ignition, GSC Cams. 826 AWHP Uncorrected, 823 AWHP SAE, 845 AWHP STD, No Nitrous</a>

Heres a quick run down of the car:

-1994 Mitsubishi Mirage

-EVO 1 Front End and AWD Conversion

-IPT Transmission and Torque Converter

-Roadsurge Shift Box

-AMS Race VSR

-AMS Custom 42R Turbo Kit

-AEM EMS

-AMS Built Aluminum Rod 2.0 6 Bolt 4G63

-AMS Race Ported 1G Cylinder Head

-GSC DSM S3 Cams

-Sparktech 4 channel CDI System

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

looks freakin awsome, i love it. great numbers. can't what to see the track times.

Nice numbers and car!:thumb:
Probably close to 1000whp in a 5spd right?
What does the car weigh? What times are you shooting for?

Over 1000 to the crank for sure, probably in the 900-950whp range in a 5sp.

That powerband is ridiculous. Making under 300whp at 6k RPM, and finally making peak power damn near 10k :hellyeah:

awesome. I love the artwork on the back! I'm guessing someone is a maiden fan?

My boss Arne, he loves Maiden, damn near their #1 fan. He has helped me a ton with the car.

The car weighs a little under 2500 lbs w/o me or any gear in it. Shooting for Mid-Low 8's. Last years best was 8.96@155

Over 1000 to the crank for sure, probably in the 900-950whp range in a 5sp.

That powerband is ridiculous. Making under 300whp at 6k RPM, and finally making peak power damn near 10k :hellyeah:

The power delivery through a torque converter is definitely late.

Just added a quick video I whipped up.

Nice JOb! I love a clean engine bay. +1 on the Maiden artwork that is freakin Awesome.

Looking great Scott! I cannot wait to see it down at the track this year when I get my car done!

Good luck with the times too! BTW, are you intending on going to the DSM shootout with it this year?

I am not sure yet. The shop is already commited to the e-town event so I most likely will be attending that.

Looking great Scott! I cannot wait to see it down at the track this year when I get my car done!

Good luck with the times too! BTW, are you intending on going to the DSM shootout with it this year?

I understand that it's an automatic but my auto gs300 w/2jzgte makes 381/346tq, and I have seen some set ups with even spot on numbers i.e(390/387). So your telling me your tq converter is robbing your car of over 300 lbs tq? Don't these motors come 195/205 stock ?

Well TQ is just math off of hp at 5250rpm so the later the power the less the TQ. So since the stall of the converter at full power ends up in the 7-8k range the TQ is way low. The car will always be at the peak hp all the way down the track though so that is why autos are so crazy fast for the power make.

X hp at X RPM is always the same TQ

I understand that it's an automatic but my auto gs300 w/2jzgte makes 381/346tq, and I have seen some set ups with even spot on numbers i.e(390/387). So your telling me your tq converter is robbing your car of over 300 lbs tq? Don't these motors come 195/205 stock ?

wow, i'm glad the csm bug is going around, there is only two turbo mirages in jacksonville. my 89 turbo and a 4g like the op. nice numbers and the car looks dope

I parted it out and sold the rolling shell to a gentleman in Vegas. Last I saw it was nicely painted white but havent seen anything since.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back