08-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Show Printable Version
Email this Post
N/T DSM Wiseman
Registered: Jan 2005
Swaps that work in a 2gNT DSM:
Swaps that do not work in a 2gNT DSM:
- The shortblock from the 96-99 DOHC Neon is identical to that in the 2gnt. The head is backwards, and will thus require the head from a 2gnt, Avenger, or Sebring.
- The 96-99 SOHC Neon block is the same, but uses dished pistons which will lower compression if used. Requires 2gnt/Avenger/Sebring head.
- 95 Neon SOHC bare blocks have vents hole cut into a shelf on the side of the block, these will need to be plugged for any 2gnt use.
- 95 420a and D4RE blocks have an offset bearing notch in the main web. A new notch should be cut if you wish to use the common 96+ main bearings, otherwise you could use two sets of 96+ bearings.
- The 95-99 4cylinder Avenger and Sebring has the same deluxe longblock as the 2gnt. This is a direct swap.
- The 2.4L from Cloud cars is very doable, and can fit with a little modification. More 2.4L swap info can be had courtesy of our friends at 2GNT.com - home.
- The SRT-4 engine. It's a difficult and time consuming process, but it can be tastefully done with enough care and patience.*1 *2
*1 An A855 (SRT-4 engine) swap was done years ago, but a hole had to be cut into the hood to accommodate the motor. Ref: http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/hang...rt-4-swap.html.
*2 Another A855 swap was recently finished. The engine fit without resorting to cutting holes in the hood, but the swap did require a significant number of custom fabricated structural members. Ref: '99 GS - SRT4 engine swap.
*3 An Evo 8 swap is being done, but in the end you have a stock 4g63 and a whole lot less money. Consider the purchase of a GS-T. Ref: http://repo.jackmoves.com/v/shawn/Ec...swap/progress/.
- The DSM 4g63/4 requires a lot of fabrication and rewiring to fit. The consensus from those who know is that it is not worth it. Take our word for it.
- The Evo 8 4g63 faces the right way, but requires a lot of fabrication and rewiring to fit. The consensus from those who know is that it is not worth it. Take our word for it.*3
- The 6g72 requires a lot of fabrication and rewiring to fit. The consensus from those who know is that it is not worth it. Take our word for it.
- The 2JZGTE, RB26DETT, VQ37, K24, B16, SBC, P&W R-4360, &c... will not fit without ridiculous fabrication and wiring. Don't ask us how to do it - we just don't know.
'99 OZ Eclipse
'91 Talon TSi
Last edited by VelocitāPaola; 01-06-2012 at 07:27 PM.
Reason: formatting, update content