The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Manual - Auto swap

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GORBS88

15+ Year Contributor
May 26, 2004
Oliver, BC_Canada
Hey guys,

I'm in the process in swapping my car from manual to auto, im just wondering a few things before i go any further.
My mods are up to date in my profile.
1, How high of a stall should i run and what would be the better way to go? Get my stock convertor re-stalled or buy myself a new one mabe 4500 stall?
2, Are there any disadvantages of going to the auto? It's not going to be a street car anymore just mainly a track car.

Lots of things to consider when picking up a torque converter. Like work done to the transmission.Usable RPM's of the cams.The height of the tires The condition of the engine.What your buying is another peice to the puzzle.Everything should be considered with the right combo you'll fly.Years ago no one wanted to run a automatic all four speeds BB chevy's SB chevy's fords etc. But times have changed the technology has come a long way I know guys who would never run a manual again.Just remember before you turn a wrench lay everthing out on paper(save yourself a lot of headaches and money).You might want to talk to a vendor that deals with torque converters and see what they have to say.Good luck to you.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back