The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

2012 Englishtown 9th Annual Mitsubishi & EVO vs Subaru & WRX-STI Day

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silver99OZ

10+ Year Contributor
Jul 8, 2010
Burlington, New_Jersey
Hey everyone, just starting a thread for the 2012 englishtown dsm/evo, wrx/sti shootout. Looking to see who will be attending and try and get a decent turnout. I went last year and had a blast. Last years turnout was pretty good, but this event has the potential to be much greater and larger.

Saturday, September 22nd, 2012
10:00 AM - 5:00 PM 9th Annual Mitsubishi & EVO vs Subaru & WRX-STI Day. Street Muffled vehicles only. Open 10AM

As of right now there is not much info out regarding this event, its usually a word of mouth type deal around the tri-state area. Here is the thread from last year - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/drag-strip/412345-2011-englishtown-dsm-evo-wrx-sti-shootout.html

Sounds good. My friend is trying to get his 2g HX35 powered gsx done in time for this event so that he can compete.

I'll be there again. Lets see what breaks this time around.

Did your car end up making it there last year? I remember you had a bearing failure a few days before the event and were trying to get it fixed.

Did your car end up making it there last year? I remember you had a bearing failure a few days before the event and were trying to get it fixed.

I didn't make it last year to this event. I made it the opener event this year and on the first pass went 12.1@126 short shifting since i was breaking up. On the next pass the clutch let go. Well see if the car will be able to make it this year since some other issues just came up.

I didn't make it last year to this event. I made it the opener event this year and on the first pass went 12.1@126 short shifting since i was breaking up. On the next pass the clutch let go. Well see if the car will be able to make it this year since some other issues just came up.

Hopefully you can get things sorted out within the next month so that you can run your car. My friend is getting his car tuned this week, I just need to convince him to race at this event. He just spent nearly a year putting his car back together and doesnt want to break anything.

Damn Muffled, street cars :( I have my exhaust coming out the front bumper, I could swear last year I saw cars running that had no mufflers?

After going to Ohio my first time last week I don't even think I even want to go to e-town anymore. Seems like such a joke and so restricted. Like high school compared to college. Who agrees?

The shootout did kind of spoil me :( ran 2 mid 11 second passes without even wearing a helmet LOL. Damn every other track, I have meth injection, so I know as soon as they see that they are going to want me to wear a fire jacket. But I also have no cage and the car is real close to needing one by E-town and Atco standards, so I dont know if I should buy a jacket knowing that I will possibly get the boot :(

Damn Muffled, street cars :( I have my exhaust coming out the front bumper, I could swear last year I saw cars running that had no mufflers?

There were a few cars, I think two or three evo's that had side exit exhausts last year.

Too bad that is the same day as MOD in Normal.

Finally found a flyer for this event.

Attachments

• 243964_10151132864834183_1919988320_o.jpg
    243964_10151132864834183_1919988320_o.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 369
So who is all going tomorrow? Throw your name on the list if you are definately going.

1. Sillver99OZ

ill be attending next year with a new project..... BTW From past years i neever saw any STI outperforming evo or a dsm... LOL..... They supposed to switch the event to evos vs DSM's More equal event......

I can't wait for today, should be a good time. I've got the camera charging right now, so I can take lots of pictures. I just need to wash the car quickly and then I will be leaving some time around 9 am, shooting to get there around 10:30 am.

Had a great time today, here are a handfull of pictures that I took.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Mitsubishi vs. Subaru Day 2012 by MattDiesel, on Flickr

Last edited:
Here is the last of them.

Wow! I pretty much took all the same pics as well!:hellyeah:

But I'll tell you ,I spent so much time talking to the guy with that burgundy 2g. That has got to be the CLEANEST 2g I have seen in years and he spent alot of money modding that beauty thanks to Pruven. Pretty much no expense spared. He said that next he may upgrade the front brakes which will force him to upgrade the rims.

He also won a 2nd place trophy!!:hellyeah: that car has inspired me as my 2g is clean with only 70k miles as well.:thumb: I thought the gen3 RX7TT with the 4g63 motor was a beauty too.

Mitsubishi vs. Subaru Day 2012 by MattDiesel,

Wow! I pretty much took all the same pics as well!:hellyeah:

But I'll tell you ,I spent so much time talking to the guy with that burgundy 2g. That has got to be the CLEANEST 2g I have seen in years and he spent alot of money modding that beauty thanks to Pruven. Pretty much no expense spared. He said that next he may upgrade the front brakes which will force him to upgrade the rims.

He also won a 2nd place trophy!!:hellyeah: that car has inspired me as my 2g is clean with only 70k miles as well.:thumb: I thought the gen3 RX7TT with the 4g63 motor was a beauty too.

Yes, his 2g was one of the most well built cars their, and one of the most well built I have ever seen. I really liked that 4g63 swapped rx7, I would love to own that car.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back