The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Reset the 2g evo3 16g record! 10.58 @ 136.9!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ferruchnuts44

15+ Year Contributor
Jun 28, 2004
Ellwood City, Pennsylvania
Drove the talon up to a track rental friday at Thompson Raceway Park looking to finally get a few shakedown runs in since last year. Turned out to be a pretty decent day at the track. Good times with good friends and there even was some loud ass black cherry 1g there....hmm

Here's the slip from my quickest ET and MPH of the day:

60ft: 1.51
330: 4.52
1/8: 6.88
1/8: 103.00
1000': 8.898
1/4: 10.584
1/4: 136.91

Best 60ft of the day was a 1.43 but the map sensor jiggled loose mid track and killed the car. The suspension has been a bi*** to get working correctly, I have a few things I'm going to try out for the next time out. All in all the car made the trip to and from the track in one piece and also personal bests in all categories.

Here's a video of the day (with a little **** tease at the end ha!)
YouTube - ‪Brick Racing 2g talon 10.58 @ 136.9 Evo III 16g‬‏

Gotta thank Curt Brown and Wayne Largent (sslaser) for all there help again on this heap. Also want to thank Buschur Racing for helping me out with the tune and the badass intake!

Very nice, that track is about 25 minutes if that from me nice to see some records beat locally.

This and Shep at Thompson,....and NO ONE TOLD ME!? I live 40 mins away, I would have been pressed against the chain link fence if they wouldnt let me in. Damn....

there was a track rental at thompson friday?! gdamnit :(

You are doing DST at the shootout right? I cant wait. It will be some good racing. My best is 10.61. I plan to beat that this week though. It will be great fun, great competition and a great showing for the small turbo cars!

I have seen your buddy I think with the black 9 sec SRT4 at norwalk and he has been telling me about you and how close we both are. Cant wait.

I thought I was the only one crazy enough to drive hours to the track, put on 4 slicks, race, then put the streets back on and drive 2 hours home. I am using hand tools not a nice impact, LOL.

The car is moving for sure. I need some CF and more weight reduction. I have no CF parts and all glass still. 136 is blazing fast. Didnt you hit 10.62 @ mid 120s?

Did the SMIM help on this small turbo setup? I am still on stock IM and dont know if its worth it.

Thanks a lot for the support guys! Its been a lot of time and hours spent getting the car where its at now. Definately no nitrous, just boost!

Larry, yeah that's my buddy Eric with the srt4. He was telling me how quick your car was that night. I actually came over and talked to you at the sport compact event was over if you remember with my one buddy wayne. I'm definately doing the dst class this year! It should actually be a pretty quick class this year, I love seeing all these guys pushing small turbos now! Its too easy to just throw on a big turbo nowadays and run 10s or 9s. I enjoy a good challenge! I think we're all going to have our work cut out for us though with the English Racing car running 10.1s. You never know though, a high 11 second car may win that's the beauty of racing! As far as a sheetmetal goes I've basically always had one on the car so I couldn't tell you really how much difference there is between that and a stocker. Although I did pickup about 15whp on buschurs dyno with his fabbed intake over a JMF so who knows. Yeah my 10.62 pass last year I found out through video and log that I let off a flinch early. Doh! I was running consistant 130s though last year.

Oh ok man. I remember you coming over and checking the car out. I just never put it together that you were the one running 10.6 in the 2g. Maybe you did mention it I cant remember. You think english is going to bring the little auto and run dst? I thought they would just be worried about winning the quick class with their 8 sec car. If so then hitting the light dead on and praying for problems is the only chance to beat 10.1.

Oh ok man. I remember you coming over and checking the car out. I just never put it together that you were the one running 10.6 in the 2g. Maybe you did mention it I cant remember. You think english is going to bring the little auto and run dst? I thought they would just be worried about winning the quick class with their 8 sec car. If so then hitting the light dead on and praying for problems is the only chance to beat 10.1.

Larry, it could depend. Have some good looking chik flash him at the line. It may throw him off his game just long enough. :sneaky: However, if his wife is driving I guess all bets are off. LOL.

Larry, it could depend. Have some good looking chik flash him at the line. It may throw him off his game just long enough. :sneaky: However, if his wife is driving I guess all bets are off. LOL.

haha ya if she's driving we're all screwed....their 16g car runs real good.

Best of luck to everyone running in the dst class.i'll be having a beer cheering for you guys.(I couldnt finish my car intime :ohdamn:) If anyone needs a hand just look for the blue evo and ask for dom i'll give ya a hand or a beer haha :D

So does the dst class require full exhaust?

haha ya if she's driving we're all screwed....their 16g car runs real good.

Best of luck to everyone running in the dst class.i'll be having a beer cheering for you guys.(I couldnt finish my car intime :ohdamn:) If anyone needs a hand just look for the blue evo and ask for dom i'll give ya a hand or a beer haha :D

So does the dst class require full exhaust?

Only rules I believe are no nitrous and stock appearing style turbo.

Wow that is amazing! What kind of boost are u running? How are u controlling it? Weight? Timing?

Great run!

Extremely impressive, why was the car cutting in and out on some passes in 1st and 2nd?

Extremely impressive, why was the car cutting in and out on some passes in 1st and 2nd?

Not quite sure what seems to be the issue. Almost seemed like lifter pump up, but the log suggests the clutch switch was engaged. Could also be a misfire as well or something do to tire spin. I have a few solutions I'm going to try if I can make it to the track again before the shootout because its killing both the e.t. and 60ft. I was cutting 1.50s and a couple 1.43 and 1.45. Needs to get in the 1.3s for me to be happy with it, its close though.

How the heck are you guys getting 136 out of a 16g??? No one sent me the memo! LOL. So impressive.

But seriously, what's the secret? What's your max timing?

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back