The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Who has the fastest HX40 DSM in a .55a/r bolt on housing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blizz99

15+ Year Contributor
Sep 21, 2005
Zeeland, Michigan
Well, I saw the thread about the hx35's running on the .55a/r bep housings and it made me realize I haven't seen much on the hx40's with the .55a/r bep housings. All the results I see for the hx40's are the .70a/r bep or bigger housings. Just wanted to see what's out there because this is what I'm running.......as soon as I get back from my deployment and my car is back on the road :hellyeah:

I have no idea what to hope for. I chewed my housing up pretty good when the turbo grenaded on me, and I had to machine away quite a bit of the lip area where the turbine rides for clearance...so spool is a bit slower now than it used to be.

I'm also having traction issues (spun the wheels in 3rd pretty good a couple of days ago LOL. I need to get some better rubber underneath it before I can clock any serious times.

I'm just wanting a baseline at this point. Butt dyno says it's pretty stout though. :)

Sell me your headlights. I will be using that hx-40 combo on my built 2.0. Hoping to see some low RPM spool action!
I just might have to sell you those headlights because I need money for the car LOL Can't wait to see the results from your car, when do you project it'll be ready?

I have no idea what to hope for. I chewed my housing up pretty good when the turbo grenaded on me, and I had to machine away quite a bit of the lip area where the turbine rides for clearance...so spool is a bit slower now than it used to be.

I'm also having traction issues (spun the wheels in 3rd pretty good a couple of days ago LOL. I need to get some better rubber underneath it before I can clock any serious times.

I'm just wanting a baseline at this point. Butt dyno says it's pretty stout though. :)

I haven't even been able to "butt dyno" the setup yet due to issues during the build but it's all been taken care of and I ended up getting extras :sneaky: I'm hoping to break into the 10's on this setup before the end of the summer

I'm hoping to break into the 10's on this setup before the end of the summer

That's my goal also. I've got everything I need to do it except for a set of Kiggly springs for higher revs, and seat time at the track. I have wider wheels/tires sitting in the garage I can bolt up for straight line work, but their a little torn up for street use.

That's my goal also. I've got everything I need to do it except for a set of Kiggly springs for higher revs, and seat time at the track. I have wider wheels/tires sitting in the garage I can bolt up for straight line work, but their a little torn up for street use.

I'm just rolling with evo springs for now, I don't plan on reving past redline. She's going to be my DD so I'm trying to avoid as much abuse as I can. What kind/size tires will you be rolling with? I'm still undecided in that department.

I just finished rebuilding my HX40 last night and it's in a .55 BEP housing. I'm working on the head gasket now.. installing a mls with L19's and then I'm going to beat the piss out of it. I'll be happy with mid *maybe high 130's with it. My car is a full weight street driven car.

I trapped 127mph last Sept. with my 8 blade HX35 in a .55 BEP turbine when my car was a 5 speed. This was also on a 2.5" exhaust, planning on going full 3" and/or a cut out with the HX40.

I just installed this during the downtime: Welcome to DMH Performance!

At the very least, it's a blast to open it up and just shake your head when some idiot wants to race off a light. LOL

Nice! I actually had a race ready electric cut out https://racereadyperformance.com/Home_Page.html a while ago but I ended up selling it. I'm probably just going to put a cheapo summit 3" deal with the 3 bolt flange and wing nuts.

My buddy Adam (black_gst on here) has one on his car though and it's funny as shit when he cracks it open and bounces off the 2 step. The honda kids run for cover :D

I have BC springs and retainers and FP2 cams and I will probably shift around 7.5k. Also my car is an auto so I hope for some high 10 sec slips. Also I will bring the RPMS up on the converter with a NX wet shot.

Nice! I actually had a race ready electric cut out https://racereadyperformance.com/Home_Page.html a while ago but I ended up selling it. I'm probably just going to put a cheapo summit 3" deal with the 3 bolt flange and wing nuts.

My buddy Adam (black_gst on here) has one on his car though and it's funny as shit when he cracks it open and bounces off the 2 step. The honda kids run for cover :D

shoot even the 5.slows hit the deck! ROFL

I have BC springs and retainers and FP2 cams and I will probably shift around 7.5k. Also my car is an auto so I hope for some high 10 sec slips. Also I will bring the RPMS up on the converter with a NX wet shot.

Yeah you're going to have to use some n2o to get it on the stall with the hx40. I took my car to the track last weekend for the first time on the auto with the hx35 and no nitrous. Believe it or not I'm able to build up to 20psi of boost on the converter without nitrous but it takes about 8-10 seconds.. which isn't good because the fluid starts to heat up.

Ran a 12.00 @ 94mph coasting through the traps because my power transistor came unplugged at the 1000' mark. The headgasket also let go the rest of the way :notgood:

Sorry for thread jacking..

Calan, looks like you're the only one that's ready at the moment. Get out there and give us hope and something to try to beat LOL

I still have a bit of work to do. I need to get the new Deatschwerks pump back in tonight, finish the COP ignition I'm building, and replace the intake with another stocker that has more/better optimized boost ports. I'm also still working on getting a good tune on it.

Last edited:
I have went 10.86 with a best mph of 134.6. Is there anyone else in the 10's with the bolt-on hx40?

a little off topic but I just noticed we all have 92 talons in this thread except for black_gst LOL

kp116, I think you're the quickest hx40 w/ .55 a/r combo!

a little off topic but I just noticed we all have 92 talons in this thread except for black_gst LOL

kp116, I think you're the quickest hx40 w/ .55 a/r combo!

In the dsm flanged housing then because I think turbosharky has gone 10's but he is on the t3 .55 a/r housing if I remember correctly.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back