The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

6 bolt Evo 8 oil squirters install?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donaldseclipse

15+ Year Contributor
May 11, 2008
San Diego, California
This is a thread for installing the Evo 8 oil squirters into a 6 bolt block. ok i have search every past thread on this topic, but no one has gone into detail about the oil check valve (aka banjo bolt) and the crush washers.

I am hoping that the info provided by you will help me out and anyone else in the future who WANTS to use the Evo 8 oil squirters in their 6 bolt block. Ok, we know that the Evo 8 squirters provide more clearance from pistons than the 6 bolt squirters, but what is not talked about is the banjo bolt (aka check valve) and the crush washers.

- To install these Evo 8 squirters, do the squirters require the 2 crush washers (MF660034) for each oil squirter or no crush washers at all.

- Also can the 6 bolt banjo bolt (check valve) still be reused or is the Evo 8 banjo bolt required (MD372046).

THANK YOU.....

I cannot offer you any specifics but a crush washer should be used on both sides of the squirter. My Evo 3 oil squirters were setup this way as are damn near every banjo bolt.

So long as the bore of the evo 8 squirters are not too big for the "6 bolt" bolts then i see no reason to change them.

Here you go Donald, this should get you the answers you need, if you've got more questions PM the guy from the post below since he's done it.

:dsm:

the reasoning behind my questioning this banjo bolt is because of the hight difference in the bases of these two squirter jets, i ordered 4 evo 8 banjo bolts so i will post up a comparison picture of the two bolts,
-A good reason to get new banjo bolts; they could get clogged.:notgood:
-here is a picture of the two squirters side by side, the evo squirter on the left has a taller base

Attachments

• 1g6BoltLeftvsEvoRight.jpg
    1g6BoltLeftvsEvoRight.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 1,155
Donald, I have evo 8 oil squirters in my 6 bolt block. I ordered them through JNZtuning, and while I was ordering, I asked whether I would need to buy the check valves (or banjo bolt) for them or not. What they told me was that they usually reuse the stock check valves and change only the squirter, so that's the way I have mine. I also have crush washers sandwiching the squirter.

Is this a stroker build?

It is best to stick with the stock 6 bolt banjo bolts because the evo banjo bolts are smaller in length. I will upload pictures of the two banjo bolts together

Evo banjo on the left, 6 bolt banjo bolt on the right. The 6 bolt banjo is taller

Attachments

• IMG_0544.jpg
    IMG_0544.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 364
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back