Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > DSM Tech > Cylinder Head & Short Block
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Cylinder Head & Short Block: 4G63 cams, valvetrain, pistons, rods, stroker kits, 6-bolt swaps, hybrids, etc. Read this Forum's Strict Guidelines.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2011, 07:35 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 683
Classifieds Rating: 26

fuel injector seals

1g swap in 98 2g.

i noticed upon tightening down my 2g fuel railand regulator on the 1g swap that the 850cc injectors i have aren't all tight.

meaning 2 of them cannot swivel when plugging them in, but the other 2 have alittle play in them like they aren't tight....
i the little rubber gaskets that are on the upper part touching the fuel rail,, could these be bad? will this leak if they aren't tight? i am not talking about the cylinder ring gaskets. i'm talking about the rubber sleeve.
and what do i need to do to fix it?

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:45 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Supporting VIP

Tech Posts: 209
Photos: 1
Classified Ads: 2
Classifieds Rating: 22
Send a message via AIM to DECODER22 Send a message via Yahoo to DECODER22
ya def need new seals its always best to change the lower ones that go into the intake manifold and also the upper sleeves, also if you do get new ones its good to lube them up with a little oil i got few sets of injector o rings and sleeves brand new pm me if you need them i might also have some used in good condition you can have for free!!!!!! just pm me your address ill ship them out to you..........

Also Make sure that the fuel rail spaces are sitting flush.............
Visit DECODER22's homepage!  View photos of this member's car 

Old 01-01-2011, 07:51 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

i may need to merge thi with this thread.

Problems with injectors sealing!!

i see ..
do auto part stores carry these? i really need them by like monday.. if not I'll take you up on your offer. if u can priority mail them.?

Old 01-01-2011, 07:52 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 898
Classifieds Rating: 5
So are you needing the O-ring that goes at the top of the injector or the seal that sits down in the head?

Old 01-01-2011, 08:03 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

neither i need the sheet, i guess?

I can only assume it isn't pressing the injectors in as hard as they should be.
is their another remedy for this?

Old 01-01-2011, 08:10 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 898
Classifieds Rating: 5
Regardless, you can buy a fuel injector seal kit. Comes with all the seals for injector: o-ring, sheet, etc. You have to buy 4 of them though. I bought mine at Napa. The seal that goes into the head on mine were all dried up, cracking, and of course leaking. But I am sure autozone and all those would have them. If not could. Mine were $6 a pop. no too bad considering what you get