The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Stock & ARP Head Fastener Sizes?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daren_p

DSM Wiseman
Nov 22, 2004
Newmarket, ON_Canada
Was wondering if anyone could verify the stock head bolt size and the size of the ARP head studs? I don't have metric 12 point sockets for the stock bolts but it looks like they are 12mm? Unless the ARP nuts are Metric, they appear to be 1/2"?

ARP are metric 14mm 12 point.

Your stock 7 bolt head bolts are 12mm 12pt heads, 11mm diamater.

6 bolt head bolts are removed with a 10mm Allen head driver.

7 bolt ARP head studs are 13mm 12 pt. nuts, 11mm diamater studs.

6 Bolt ARP head studs are 14mm 12 pt nuts, 12mm diameter stud.

You need a 12pt, 12mm socket to remove your OEM head bolts.

95blackGsTurbo said:
ARP are metric 14mm 12 point.

That isn't correct for the 7 bolt studs, atleast not mine. Are you sure about ARP being metric? While 13mm will work, 1/2" is slightly smaller and fits the ARP nuts perfect. Yes the stock 2g's are 12 mm.

in my experience with the ARP's in my 7 bolt the nuts are a 12 point 13 mm..fit perfect for me and fastened fine..

Chris:dsm: :talon:

I forgot to mention I was talking about 6 bolt studs. I thought you had a swap because in the last post I helped the guy did a swap. Simple mistake. And how is that wrong. The wiseman under me said the EXACT same thing.

95blackGsTurbo said:
I forgot to mention I was talking about 6 bolt studs. I thought you had a swap because in the last post I helped the guy did a swap. Simple mistake. And how is that wrong. The wiseman under me said the EXACT same thing.

It wouldn't be wrong if we were talking about 6 bolt studs because they are apparently 14 mm, but we were talking about 7 bolt, so that isn't correct info . The wiseman didn't say the EXACT same thing as you, he stated both the 7 bolt size which pertains to this post and also the 6 bolt size for reference, but had each one labeled.

The correct sizes are not metric. On my old regular arp for a 7 bolt, the nuts do not have any marks on them. A 13mm 12pt will strip if you dont hold it perfectly steady. The correct size that fits the best is 1/2 12pt.

My L19s newer nuts have 7/16th (stud diameter I think) written on the side but a 1/2 12pt is needed. Using this size I was even able to remove badly stripped nuts.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back