The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

Back Into The DSM Scene, Bought A Talon TSi, Now What!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PhrostReaver

Probationary Member
Jun 16, 2011
Sarnia, ON_Canada
Greetings, I Recently Decided To Rejoin The DSM Crowd (Owned Lots Of DSM And Captive Import Mitsus Before) By Grabbing Up A Cheap, Well Maintained '91 Talon TSi For About 400 Bucks :thumb: , I KNOW It Needs A New Ignition Module And Brake Pads, Among Other Things I Want To Do To It.

Now, Im On A Self-Inforced Budget Of $250 A Month For This Build, And Obviously The Ignition Module And Brakes Are First, But After Its Basic Repairs, What Kind Of Upgrades Can I / Should I Put Into Her First? ...I Was Thinking Of Doing Up One Of Those Coil-On-Plug Ignitions Since I Have To Hunt A Stock One Down Anyway, BUT I Was Told By Another Member From Sarnia That It Would Be Useless Unless I Made 500+ HP ..But Im After a Second, Or Even A Third Opinion On The Subject..:confused:

But As For Everything Else, Totally Looking For Direction Here, Should I Grab A DSMLink And Start There? ..Or Is There Any Particular Component Of The TSis That Lacks Compared To The Rest Of The Car?

Sorry For The Long Post, Kinda Exited; Like A First Car When Your 16!:hellyeah: NEVER Owned a Turbo DSM/Mitsu ..The ONE Other Turbo Being A 88 LeBaron Turbo Coupe, But It Was Auto ><

**Also Looking To Sell Those TSi Rims, And Find A Set Of Eclipse GSX 5 Spokes, Am I Dreaming?**

Attachments

• 1991 Eagle Talon TSi.jpg
    1991 Eagle Talon TSi.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Good first couple upgrades are usually either a MBC, or intake. You cant go wrong with supporting upgrades for further mods. Ie. fuel pump/injectors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back