The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

New 16G Dyno Numbers on C16

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

red91gst

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 11, 2002
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Curt brought his 1G back up to the dyno yesterday with a few gallons of C16 to see what we could make on the stock 7-bolt.

Results: 460awhp/469ftlbs

Boost control was a bit of an issue as we approached 30psi as you can see in the graph. The graphs attached are the 30psi run, a 28ish psi run, and a comparison to the pump gas pull.

Car still has a bone stock 7-bolt motor with the exception of cams, ARPs, and a HG. Timing and AFRs are still conservative as it is a DD and has 120k or so on the stock motor. With a good motor and head in the next few weeks I think 500awhp is attainable.

Attachments

• C16 30psi.jpg
    C16 30psi.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 5,265
  • 28psi.jpg
    28psi.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 5,868
  • Pump v C16.jpg
    Pump v C16.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 7,120
Curt brought his 1G back up to the dyno yesterday with a few gallons of C16 to see what we could make on the stock 7-bolt.

Results: 460awhp/469ftlbs

Boost control was a bit of an issue as we approached 30psi as you can see in the graph. The graphs attached are the 30psi run, a 28ish psi run, and a comparison to the pump gas pull.

Car still has a bone stock 7-bolt motor with the exception of cams, ARPs, and a HG. Timing and AFRs are still conservative as it is a DD and has 120k or so on the stock motor. With a good motor and head in the next few weeks I think 500awhp is attainable.

OMG Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn. 500awhp on a 16g would be :barf: sick

I guess I should have posted a mod list:

1994 TSI AWD
Bone Stock 122k mile longblock w/ HKS Cams
FP 16g w/ FP Manifold
BR FMIC
JMF Intake
DSMlink w/ 1000cc Tuned by yours truely
VP C16
MAFT
Stock Flywheel
Still has Balance Shafts

that 16G was flowing upwards of 46+lbs min on link? How much timing advance? Pretty nuts, these are 16g nitrous numbers, yet alone boost numbers good job if its true.

that 16G was flowing upwards of 46+lbs min on link? How much timing advance? Pretty nuts, these are 16g nitrous numbers, yet alone boost numbers good job if its true.

Airflow numbers on DSMlink aren't accurate with a MAFT. 17* advancing to 23* at redline.

It is true.

Not possible. The tiny compressor housing will not support that much air flow let alone the tiny blow drier wheel. If you want anyone to beleve this needs a video showing turbo on the car as the dyno test is being done. Eather that or the dyno is F---ked up.

Not possible. The tiny compressor housing will not support that much air flow let alone the tiny blow drier wheel. If you want anyone to beleve this needs a video showing turbo on the car as the dyno test is being done. Eather that or the dyno is F---ked up.

You do realize your dealing with Curt Brown here, right?

Untitled

I'm pretty sure what Nate says is the truth....Ever see the super95awd on youtube.....your truly tune that as well WTG nate. Can't wait to see what you bring to PRP this year...

OMG thats nasty see i got a 16g and since your my pal you can tune me for free right? :D

It's not all about airflow, and this isn't the first time they've done it.

:thumb:

Ahhh, I love this stuff. Just wait for next season guys. I'm pretty sure some minds will be blown. :) And the magical screwed up dyno is a killer. I seem to remember a certain car that came off that dyno making 652awhp and it trapped 156 while blowing the intercooler apart, seems pretty reliable to me.

you are one insane tuner. do you ever come to minnesota... because with my set-up (gt3076r) I am only putting 350 to the wheels on pump.. and your doing that on that 16g it looked like. I would love to put out some huge numbers and then get a good C16 tune to!!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back