Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > DSM Tech > Drivetrain Tech > Automatic Tranny
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Automatic Tranny: 4G63 automatic tranny discussions. Sponsored by Import Performance Transmissions

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2012, 08:06 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Proven Member

Car: 1969 ## phukn mom
Tech Posts: 85
Classifieds Rating: 1

Tcu tuning?

Ok gotta quick question, besides foreignmuscle.com who does eprom tcu tuning???
Thanks in advance

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 03:44 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 190
Classifieds Rating: 0
I don't know of anyone one else who does it professionally, but I've heard Dave @ Foreign Muscle does good work.

I've been working on a TunerPro XDF for the M673 ROM, but it's only about 90% complete at this point. When that is finished and tested I plan to create and ADX as well, but I still need to socket the TCU.

Currently I'm logging with MMCd TCU, and I've used EvoScan to log the TCU, but at this point MMCd provides better data for tuning purposes. I'll probably end up editing the XML for EvoScan to gain more functionality out of it.

Old 05-09-2012, 07:01 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Proven Member

Car: 1969 ## phukn mom
Tech Posts: 85
Classifieds Rating: 1
Good deal, just curious to know if there were any other options other than foriegnmuscle.com, i wonder if they still rebuild auto trannys?

Old 05-10-2012, 07:05 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 505
Classifieds Rating: 2
Dave is the best, with many fast cars under his expertise
There is no reason to go anywhere else..IMHO

Old Yesterday, 02:12 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 163
Photos: 8
Classifieds Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDNF2ET View Post
Dave is the best, with many fast cars under his expertise
There is no reason to go anywhere else..IMHO
Here's a reason, how about when the Foreign Muscle website is gone and one has no other way of contacting Dave for a TCU chip.

I searched for any recent posts about this topic and have the same question as the OP (yes I know the post is older but it's current enough to be relevant IMHO), so does anyone have any info on how to go about get a TCU chip?
View photos of this member's car 

Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Proven Member

Timeslip: 9.936 @ 136.520
Tech Posts: 552
Photos: 9
Classifieds Rating: 3
Reputation: SonySlave is extremely helpful and trustworthySonySlave is extremely helpful and trustworthy
Send a message via AIM to SonySlave Send a message via MSN to SonySlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD_FIEND View Post
Here's a reason, how about when the Foreign Muscle website is gone and one has no other way of contacting Dave for a TCU chip.

I searched for any recent posts about this topic and have the same question as the OP (yes I know the post is older but it's current enough to be relevant IMHO), so does anyone have any info on how to go about get a TCU chip?
Wrong. Just changed company names...

EFI Specialties & Performance

Old Yesterday, 05:26 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 456
Photos: 6
Classifieds Rating: 31
I have a custom chip from Dave and I couldn't be happier.

Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 2,548
Photos: 5
Classifieds Rating: 0
If you're the DIY type for this stuff, Tunerpro works great (after making the definition).

Old Yesterday, 10:31 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 163
Photos: 8
Classifieds Rating: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonySlave View Post
Wrong. Just changed company names...

EFI Specialties & Performance
Thanks for the info...but what in my post was wrong? Is the Foreign Muscle website still active? Do I have any other way of contacting Dave? Would those two issues be plausible reasons not to get a TCU chip burned from said tuner?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrohner View Post
If you're the DIY type for this stuff, Tunerpro works great (after making the definition).
That'd be a great topic for an in depth tech discussion, is there already a thread with details about this?

Old Today, 05:04 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Proven Member

Timeslip: 9.936 @ 136.520
Tech Posts: 552
Photos: 9
Classifieds Rating: 3
Reputation: SonySlave is extremely helpful and trustworthySonySlave is extremely helpful and trustworthy
Send a message via AIM to SonySlave Send a message via MSN to SonySlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWD_FIEND View Post
Thanks for the info...but what in my post was wrong? Is the Foreign Muscle website still active? Do I have any other way of contacting Dave? Would those two issues be plausible reasons not to get a TCU chip burned from said tuner?
On the homepage, look just above the first paragraph...

EFISpecialties used to be Foreign Muscle. Dave just transitioned the site. Dave does all of the same services that he used to, just with a new site. Dave's contact information is in the contact tab on his homepage.