Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource on the web

Login

Go Back   DSMtuners > DSM Forums > General > Newbie Forum > Appearance/Interior/Exterior
Welcome to DSMtuners - the largest Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, 4G63t and 420A DSM performance resource
You are browsing the site as a GUEST. Please login (or register) and gain the ability to post on our site and interact with other DSMers. You also get to browse the site with fewer advertisements. It is FREE to join!

Appearance/Interior/Exterior: All interior and exterior tech discussions; body and paint, conversions, lighting, washing, waxing, etc. Probationary Members can post here.

LinkBack   Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2011, 07:13 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #1 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 9

just bought a 93 eagle talon and wonderin?

im new to the dsm game cause i just left the honda game lol...but i was wondering where can i find parts for my car ...like hondas had passwordjdm website for parts ect.... and also what kind of accessories or modifications could i do to the exterior of the car to make it my own...please help thanks

mark post as helpful recommend reputation points    Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 07:19 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #2 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 697
Classifieds Rating: 0
Ahhh, all those ads that flash across the top of the screen are vendors for parts. Autozone, Pepboys, etc also have parts.

As far as bdy work, real DSMr'r don't rice out the cars, especially the 1Gs. They look nice factory.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:29 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #3 (permalink)
Supporting Member

Tech Posts: 7,774
Photos: 19
Classifieds Rating: 12
Send a message via Yahoo to Bud92gsx
The talons have the more aggressivve looking body than the eclipse's..You can get a lip kit, or the home depot front lip is about all true dsmers do to their cars..As far as mods..You can black out the headlights and tailights with vht nightshade..

Theres also a couple of exterior mods in here.. Theres 2 pages of exterior mods.. Articles: Exterior/Interior - DSM Forums

If its not in there.Search for the home depot front lip..

Dsm is down yet again.Whats new
View photos of this member's car 

Old 05-05-2011, 07:31 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #4 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrKegler View Post
Ahhh, all those ads that flash across the top of the screen are vendors for parts. Autozone, Pepboys, etc also have parts.

As far as bdy work, real DSMr'r don't rice out the cars, especially the 1Gs. They look nice factory.
yea i know but i mean like window visors or like a lip...i dont mean bodykits lol...but i love the body wouldnt do anything to change them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud92gsx View Post
The talons have the more aggressivve looking body than the eclipse's..You can get a lip kit, or the home depot front lip is about all true dsmers do to their cars..As far as mods..You can black out the headlights and tailights with vht nightshade..

Theres also a couple of exterior mods in here.. Theres 2 pages of exterior mods.. Articles: Exterior/Interior - DSM Forums

If its not in there.Search for the home depot front lip..
thanks this is what i was talking about

Last edited by dsm10; 05-05-2011 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Auto-merged with previous post to prevent "bumping" within a 24 hour period Tips on avoiding the auto-merge feature - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_bumping

Old 05-05-2011, 07:49 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #5 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 65
Photos: 1
Do not rice out your car. Rockauto.com for all OEM engine parts; build a performance car, not a "omg i have a 8in muffler exhaust honda". You'll be ridiculed off this site.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:52 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #6 (permalink)
Supporting Member

He said he's not putting a body kit on..He just wants a little more style added to his car.

Old 05-05-2011, 07:54 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #7 (permalink)
Supporting Member

Tech Posts: 1,107
Photos: 1
Classifieds Rating: 2
First of all welcome to the DSM world. For parts and stuff just go the the websites of our supporting vendors.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:03 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #8 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 38
Classifieds Rating: 4
Please DO NOT RICE OUT YOUR CAR!!
DSMtuners Supporting Vendors there you go

Old 05-05-2011, 08:18 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #9 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 700
Photos: 9
Classifieds Rating: 14
maperformance.com
streettunedmotorsports.com
extremepsi.com

Those are all great vendors to purchase parts from. STM has a lot of nice underhood aestetics. Make clean, then start modding.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:44 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #10 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Tech Posts: 20
Since your car is a 1G its probably beat up, strip & repaint

Old 05-05-2011, 10:36 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #11 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 516
Classifieds Rating: 9
As far as upgrades go, there is a page laid out for it all,
Tech Guide: 1G 4G63t Upgrades - DSMtuners

Welcome, and enjoy.

Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #12 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 31
Photos: 4
Send a message via AIM to lglracer Send a message via Yahoo to lglracer
For alot of the little things I go to picknpull and sometimes you can find aftermarkert parts there. I also use ebay alot for some stuff.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:39 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #13 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 236
Photos: 3
Welcome to the dsm world. All of the places that have been mentioned above are great places to get parts for our cars. I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the all important " take care of all regular maintence before you start to mod".

I would just do the good ol home depot lip and black out the tails.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:48 PM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #14 (permalink)
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sik4g63 View Post
Welcome to the dsm world. All of the places that have been mentioned above are great places to get parts for our cars. I am surprised that nobody has mentioned the all important " take care of all regular maintenance before you start to mod".

I would just do the good Ole home depot lip and black out the tails.
He was asking about modding the exterior not modding with bolt on power..But good catch..Maintenance is the key if you don't want you car to break down on you...

Old 05-09-2011, 06:05 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #15 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud92gsx View Post
He was asking about modding the exterior not modding with bolt on power..But good catch..Maintenance is the key if you don't want you car to break down on you...
yea lol im not ricing it out ima post the pics of it and yea maintenance is a first for me....this is one pic of it tell me what you think ill take more this weekend......i wanna paint it all black though this summerClick image for larger version

Name:	JeffCar.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	278.0 KB
ID:	122732

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoostnRed2g View Post
Since your car is a 1G its probably beat up, strip & repaint
its good for its year no rust

Last edited by dsm10; 05-09-2011 at 06:08 AM. Reason: Auto-merged with previous post to prevent "bumping" within a 24 hour period Tips on avoiding the auto-merge feature - http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/faq.php?faq=vb_faq#faq_bumping

Old 05-09-2011, 06:25 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #16 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 768
Photos: 12
Classifieds Rating: 5
Send a message via AIM to 1fastlaser
I think I saw that car floating around for sale. Do you know whats done to it now? Its a really nice car I wouldnt cut into it it much, but a run down of whats done to it now, and what your looking to do would be nice.

Old 05-09-2011, 07:21 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #17 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fastlaser View Post
I think I saw that car floating around for sale. Do you know whats done to it now? Its a really nice car I wouldnt cut into it it much, but a run down of whats done to it now, and what your looking to do would be nice.
yea it was and it has some stuff done...just the tranny had a hole in it and missing bolts that i didn't notice when i bought it so we going to replace it today and replace the clutch and really not doing anything big just like put tints, back window visor maybe and really want to paint the car all black and maybe changed the rims

Old 05-09-2011, 07:46 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #18 (permalink)
Proven Member

Tech Posts: 382
Photos: 10
Classifieds Rating: 6
It looks nice keep it white, panda status is baller.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

Old 05-10-2011, 05:20 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #19 (permalink)
Probationary Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by overboosted1g View Post
It looks nice keep it white, panda status is baller.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk
idk maybe but i like that name lol

Old 05-10-2011, 05:22 AM Show Printable Version Show Printable Version   Email this Post to a Friend Email this Post      #20 (permalink)
Proven Member

Car: 2011 Ford F-150 XLT SCREW 4x4
Tech Posts: 465
Photos: 8
Send a message via ICQ to brandonwh64 Send a message via AIM to brandonwh64 Send a message via MSN to brandonwh64 Send a message via Yahoo to brandonwh64
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsm10 View Post
yea lol im not ricing it out ima post the pics of it and yea maintenance is a first for me....this is one pic of it tell me what you think ill take more this weekend......i wanna paint it all black though this summerAttachment 122732

its good for its year no rust
PANDA's are HOT! leave it that way!