The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

2g eclipse front bumper on a 2g talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

97 E headlights and bumper wouldnt fit on a 95 96 talon?

Originally posted by chrysler kid
OMG they fit and these other guys are just being #######s cuz this question is asked 20 times a day.

95-96 eclipse is the same as a 95-98 Talon
a 97 front bumper will need 97 headlights,

EVERYTHING IS EXACTLY THE SAME ! THE CARS ARE IDENTICAL.

admins shouldnt give out misleading info IMO

OMG

:confused:

Where did we give out misleading info?

I told him he needed 97+ headlights for a 97+ bumper.

What are you getting all riled up about? We told him the truth.

Cucumber - You need 97+ headlights if converting to 97-99 eclipse bumper

MikesDSM - what about 95-96?

L2RTSiAWD - Then no

HyperGSX - They won't fit unless you do some custom work.

Chrysler kid - 95-96 eclipse is the same as a 95-98 Talon

When did the admins give him the wrong info? Are you going to the shootout this year?

Originally posted by 98_silvergs
Cucumber - You need 97+ headlights if converting to 97-99 eclipse bumper

MikesDSM - what about 95-96?

L2RTSiAWD - Then no

HyperGSX - They won't fit unless you do some custom work.

Chrysler kid - 95-96 eclipse is the same as a 95-98 Talon

When did the admins give him the wrong info? Are you going to the shootout this year?

I know where this is going. :thumb:

Originally posted by HyperGSX
They won't fit unless you do some custom work.

that was the misleading info he was talking about

Sorry for the "misleading" info, i should've been more specific. The 97 bumper will bolt up no problem, but with the 95 headlights on a 97 bumper, there will be a gap between the headlights and the bumper. I've seen 95 headlights with a 97 bumper with no gap due to the "Custom Work" that was done :D

actually..... we are doing the front bumper conversion to my roomies 96 ESI right now. i did lots of reading on this install before we started.
now i either misinterpreted the info here on the boards, or you guys have the idea flip flopped. he was trying to stay with his 96 headlights with the 97 front. we bolted up the bumper, and the headlights are much wider than the 97+ headlights.

^^^^but with the 95 headlights on a 97 bumper, there will be a gap between the headlights and the bumper.^^^

this statment is wrong, unless im just reading it wrong. the 96 headlights are wider and the center piece on the 97+ front is wider than the 95-97 bumper so there is a huge over lap and the bumper doesnt fit flush like it is supposed to. it sits out because the center is getting hung up on the headlights. if you wanted to have the 97+ bumper with 95-96 headlights you would have to cut the center section of the bumper.
it would seem to me that if you were putting a 95-96 bumper on with 97+headlights there would be a gap, not the other way around.

hope some of that made sense. im gonna go take some pictures so you guys can see what im talking about.

I had a 95 Eclipse bumper put on my Talon and it fit perfectly.
But heres my question..

I noticed these projection headlights in SuperStreet mag. I called the ad number and they told me that the lights for the Eclipse would fit on my Talon. They said that the headlights for the 95-96 Eclipse is the same as a 95-96 Talon. Should I trust them and go ahead and purchase them. Or are there any better options for my ride?

here are the pics i promised.

first one here is of the 98 bumper with the 96 headlights. see how the headlight is too long and the center section of the bumper sits on top of it.

Attachments

• dsc00210.jpg
    dsc00210.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 419
here is the 98 bumper with some 97+ projector headlights. see the nice fit ??? fits nice and flush with the bumper cover.

Attachments

• dsc00211.jpg
    dsc00211.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 427
here is one last pic sort of comparing the two. you can kinda see how the bumper is pushed out with the 96 headlights. problem being the inside angle of the headlights are different causing the bumper to not fit.

hope this clears some things up.

Attachments

• dsc00212.jpg
    dsc00212.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 421
yea thats all i wanted to know bc if i get a 96-97 talon i want to do a eclipse front

sorry i was referring to this anwser, cucumber had a good response
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by MikesDSM
what about 95-96?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------
awd tsi's response
THen no .
---------------------------------------------------------------------

i was upset sorry if i ruffled any feathers

mike if you get a 97 talon DONT change the front. those front ends look badass, just ask anyone here on the boards

nah man i love the blackhousing lights and the bumper is so smooth when the car is lowered with good rims

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back