The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

ebay subs

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daltah

20+ Year Contributor
Sep 27, 2002
phoenix, Arizona
does anyone know the best 12 sub woofers for cheap ? theirs tons on ebay for under 55.00 a piece.

Audiobahn's higher-end subs are great for the money. If you got a bit more to spend, look into some Kicker L5's or L7's. There's so many to choose from really, I'd check out the forums at www.Sounddomain.com for a little more advice & info..

when you are purchasing subs off of the internet make sure they are a authorized retailer- that is if you care about the warranty. kicker has a link on their website where you can check to see if the website you are looking at to purchase the subs is an authorized retailer. subs may seem like a bad azz deal on ebay until you blow them up and find out there is absolutely manufacturer warranty. i guess that all does matter if you care about having a warranty or not. my recommendation for the best cheap 12 inch subs are the new 2003 Kicker Comp VR's. Best wishes with the tunes~~

In my opinion the best subs that you can buy for cheap are JL subs. It all depends on how loud you want to be. If you want to have a little bass to compliment your other speakers, go with the W0's. You want a lot of bass go with W3's. If you are looking to compete in DB drag comp's go with either w6's or w7's. the sixes and sevens are more expensive but if your looking to be loud its worth the money.

i have a pair of alpine type r's right now. if u are looking for lots of bass, with great sound quality. i would get those. with my headunit and amp untuned i hit 140 db and right now im hitting around 150 db. it suprises everyone when they see i only have 2 12's. the only sub jl makes thats close to the type r's is the version 2 w6 and the w7 (which rms is either 500 or 1000 watts per sub). the kicker high end subs are really nice too. it all depends on how much money u want to spend, what ur looking for, and the right sound to fit ur needs.

I have a PPI IDQ12 which is a great sub, though not cheap. I easily out bass guy with my one 12 from ppi with my Alpine amp vs. guys with cheap ass subs like Audiobahn etc and a cheap amp.

Quality is what it's all about. You will spend more for 2 crappy subs than 1 good sub. If you run a good amp to 1 good sub you will have louder crisper bass than with 2 crappy subs. Plus it's easier to fit 1 sub in with your other misc crap in the trunk.

Image Dynamic's are also good subs again expensive.

I got 2 12' Rockford Fosgate's off ebay. That was like 2 years ago, I still use them today. I only paid $120 for the pair back then, they probably are cheaper now. They even had a warranty and everything. I am really happy with them, they deliver a lot of bass and they were a pretty good buy. BTW they are the punch XLC's.

Originally posted by 98RedGs
best bang for the buck? JL
best all around to me? Crossfire BMF's

amen brother, crossfire makes some neat subs that just relish abuse i say, but thats just my idea, i have never had any problems with them.

I would say either Kicker or Jl are the best and worth spending a few extra bucks...They will last longer and are very good sounding subs

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back